THE WOODLANDS, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The US Oncology Network (The Network), the largest organization of its kind dedicated to advancing local cancer care and better patient outcomes, announced today that Nashville Oncology Associates (NOA) has joined The Network, effective October 1st.
“We are eager to have Nashville Oncology Associates join us on our mission to increase access to convenient, high-quality cancer care in the Nashville region,” said Jason Hammonds, president, The US Oncology Network. “As we welcome these highly skilled cancer specialists into The Network, we extend our reach of comprehensive community-based services into Tennessee for the first time. Our goal is that our support and resources will help enhance the high-quality care NOA provides to patients in the community.”
Nashville Oncology Associates provides comprehensive cancer treatment services and advanced technological options to patients from providers with extensive clinical expertise. The practice treats blood cancers and disorders, as well as bone, breast, lung, reproductive, skin, gastrointestinal, colorectal, and urinary tract cancers, nurturing an atmosphere of trust and compassion. The practice offers care from an advanced practice provider and two physicians, Karl M. Rogers, M.D., practice president and medical oncologist, and Carl R. Willis, M.D., medical oncologist.
“Joining The Network will provide access to a wealth of operational and clinical resources that will help us continue to deliver superior care while empowering us to remain independent in today’s challenging environment,” said Dr. Rogers.
The US Oncology Network continues to grow and be the source of best practices in the application of value-based, high-quality care. More than 2,400 providers in The Network treat over 1.4 million patients annually at approximately 600 sites of care in 30 states. This growing footprint greatly enhances the member practices’ ability to remain independent while increasing access to advanced cancer care in local and rural communities.
About The US Oncology Network
Every day, The US Oncology Network (The Network) helps approximately 2,400 independent providers deliver value-based, integrated care to patients — close to home. Through The Network, these independent doctors come together to form a community of shared expertise and resources dedicated to advancing local cancer care and to delivering better patient outcomes. The Network provides practices with access to coordinated resources, best business practices, and the experience, infrastructure, and support of McKesson Corporation. This collaboration allows the providers in The Network to focus on the health of their patients, while McKesson focuses on the health of their practices. The Network is committed to the success of independent practices, everywhere.
About McKesson Oncology and Specialty Solutions
It’s an unprecedented time for patients living with cancer as life sciences companies race to create new, cutting-edge therapies. With cancer care becoming more targeted, providers, life sciences companies, and payers face a multitude of challenges and complexity in the development of new treatments and making them accessible to patients in need. At McKesson, our unmatched portfolio of oncology businesses and partners provide research, insights, technologies, and services that are helping to address these hurdles and improve cancer and specialty care.
- McKesson is fueling discovery by helping patients participate in cutting-edge clinical trials closer to home through the joint venture between US Oncology Research and Sarah Cannon Research Institute.
- The US Oncology Network and McKesson Provider Solutions are advancing specialty care and high-quality cancer care in the communities where patients live by supporting the practices of thousands of independent, community-based providers.
- Ontada®, a McKesson business dedicated to oncology, generates real-world data (RWD) and real-world evidence (RWE) and provides clinical education and provider technology to inform and improve cancer care.
- As one of the largest distributors of oncology and specialty medicines, we are ensuring medicines make their way to the those who are counting on them.
- And through CoverMyMeds, Biologics by McKesson, and GPO services, our work continues to help patients access, afford, and adhere to their medicines.