MATTOON, Ill.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Consolidated Communications (NASDAQ: CNSL), a leading fiber provider, today released its 2022 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report. The report which covers the calendar year 2022, describes Consolidated’s progress and focus on people, social impact, sustainable business operations, and responsible business practices.
“As we transition to a fiber-first company, we are building a more sustainable business and future for the communities we serve,” said Bob Udell, president and chief executive office of Consolidated. “Our ESG goals are integrated with our company values, as we work to take care of our people, our customers and the environment, today and for many years to come.”
The recent report, available at consolidated.com/esg, details Consolidated’s work in protecting the planet and the communities the company services, while delivering value to its customers, employees, business partners and investors. The 2022 report highlights include:
- We invested $601 million in capital expenditures in 2022 to deliver better broadband services to homes and businesses across rural communities. We surpassed 1 million fiber locations last year, creating a more sustainable and future-proof network.
- We formed a DEI Council, adopted a company-wide DEI Policy, and launched annual unconscious bias training for all employees.
- We increased our use of renewable energy and made notable progress tracking greenhouse gas emissions.
- We contributed more than $1.8 million to more than 450 community organizations, land employees reported 6,600 volunteer hours. Additionally, we launched the CCI Cares Employee Volunteer program.
- Our employees completed more than 36,600 modules of safety, compliance and service training.
- We advanced employee engagement initiatives to include: new employee recognition events, an expanded Employee Advisory Council, and a new employee mentorship pilot program.
About Consolidated Communications
Consolidated Communications Holdings, Inc. (NASDAQ: CNSL) is dedicated to moving people, businesses and communities forward by delivering the most reliable fiber communications solutions. Consumers, businesses and wireless and wireline carriers depend on Consolidated for a wide range of high-speed internet, data, phone, security, cloud and wholesale carrier solutions. With a network spanning more than 58,000 fiber route miles, Consolidated is a top 10 U.S. fiber provider, turning technology into solutions that are backed by exceptional customer support. Learn more at consolidated.com. Connect with us on social media.