NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Prime Discoveries, Inc, (“Prime”) develops rapid novel microbe panels for emerging pathogen infections in the areas of infectious diseases, reproductive health, and oncology for laboratories that are cost effective, massively scalable and easily automatable.
Prime announces the launch of its product portfolio of best in class rapid microbe panels including:
- CovidDetect™ - Rapid highly sensitive RT-LAMP based COVID-19 detection assay for SARS-CoV-2 that can be done in under 30 minutes.
- VarDetect™ - Rapid PCR based COVID-19 variant detection assay for Omicron, Delta, Alpha, Beta, Gamma, and Mu Variants in under 45 minutes.
- RespDetect™ - Highly accurate RT-LAMP / PCR based rapid detection assays for respiratory infections including COVID-19, Influenza A & B, and RSV A & B in under 30 minutes.
- STIDetect™ - RT-LAMP / PCR based detection assays for STIs including Gonorrhea, Chlamydia, Herpes,Syphilis, HPV, Candida albicans, Trichomonas and Ureaplasma in under 45 minutes.
- AurisDetect™ - Highly accurate rapid PCR based detection assay for drug resistant Candida Auris in under 45 minutes.
- VarDetectNGS™ - Rapid Illumina NGS assay for full genome SARS-CoV-2 Sequencing for identifying known and novel variants with single nucleotide accuracy.
Prime leverages advanced patented platform technologies in microbial diagnostics including RT-LAMP, Rapid PCR, and mNGS (Next generation sequencing) that require minimal lab infrastructure and technical expertise with the following features:
- RT-LAMP Technology - Prime’s extraction-less reverse transcription-loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP) technology is massively scalable, can be fully automated for laboratories, and can produce results in <30 minutes.
- Rapid PCR Technology - Prime’s PCR technology is massively scalable, can be fully automated for laboratories and produces results in <45 minutes while working with most extraction protocols. It can also be used for COVID-19 variant detection.
- Next Generation Sequencing (mNGS) Technology - Prime’s mNGS assays can identify known and novel mutations with single nucleotide accuracy supporting rapid turnaround times and small batch sizes of up to 25 samples.
Arun Manoharan,Ph.D., Chief Science Officer commented: “The COVID pandemic has shown that there is a big need for rapid screening assays. Prime Discoveries aims to build a portfolio of screening solutions which can provide results in under 45 minutes with minimal laboratory, reagent and technical skill requirements. Prime is one of the first few companies to have recently developed a screening assay for the Omicron variant.”
Prime’s product portfolio of rapid novel microbe panels can scale to support millions of samples using laboratories existing equipment and infrastructure. Prime’s assays are cost effective, massively scalable and easily automatable and can be used for COVID-19 and other indications in infectious diseases, reproductive health, and oncology.
About Prime Discoveries:
Prime Discoveries develops rapid, novel diagnostics for emerging pathogen infections with a focus on cost effective, massively scalable and easily automatable assays. Prime leverages multiple patented advanced technologies in microbial diagnostics including RT-LAMP, Rapid PCR, and mNGS (Next generation sequencing) to enable samples to result in under 1 hour with minimal lab infrastructure and technical expertise.
Prime’s products are best in class for Covid, Influenza, Sexually Transmitted Infections and new drug resistant microbes. All of Prime’s assays are locally developed in the United States and can serve millions of people.
Founded in NYC in 2017, Prime’s scientists have extensive backgrounds in microbiology, computational biology, lab automation and AI from Genentech, Cooper Genomics, Recombine, Phosphorus, and NYU. Prime is advised by leading experts in the fields of genomics and public health including Dr. George Church and Esther Dyson.
Prime is supported by academic institutions, venture capital firms and angel investors including New York University, Charles Zegar, BoxGroup, Akron Fusion Ventures, Beresford Ventures, Cannonball Capital, Liquid 2 Ventures, Francois Nader (Moderna, Acceleron, Shire), Unshackled Ventures, Doberman Forward, and others.
To learn more visit www.primediscoveries.com.