NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--quip, the modern oral healthcare company, today announced the launch of its clear aligner service. The offering will combine at-home convenience with the long-lasting care of professionally administered orthodontic treatment, powered by leading professional aligner manufacturing, technology and network partners. quip Aligners continue the company’s expansion of its comprehensive portfolio of consumer-focused, professionally-backed dental solutions that serve the $49 billion personal oral care and $400 billion global dental healthcare markets.
With over 6 million quip customers, and tens of thousands of dental professionals on quip’s platform, there is an active audience eager for a solution that balances convenience with clinical quality and efficacy. A recent survey of quip members showed that over one third were either interested or very interested in quip’s upcoming aligner offering, and studies suggest as many as 120 million people in the US have malocclusion that could benefit from orthodontic treatment.
“Straightening teeth with clear aligners is an increasingly popular choice for consumers, but often they have to choose between cheap, ‘do-it-yourself’ treatment, or expensive professional options that require frequent visits to a practice,” said Simon Enever, Founder & CEO of quip. “As a brand focused on oral health and accessibility, we wanted to create a service that didn’t compromise on any aspect; combining the safety, quality and success rate of professionally administered orthodontics, with the convenience and affordability of at-home care. To do so, we’ve integrated world leading aligner manufacturing and technology partners into the quip platform, and created a service that streamlines the experience for both consumers and providers.”
Aligners are the second rollout powered by quip’s growing professional care platform, following the launch of their quipcare dental service in 2019. The digital platform has built and integrated technology services that connect patients with dental providers, allowing them to find, book, get and pay for quality dental treatment from professionals online or in their area. The quip professional platform aims to increase the transparency of dental care and facilitate a more simple, modern experience for patients, while making it easier for providers to connect to new patients and engage with existing ones.
“Aligners are not just cosmetic, they are also a part of your oral health and wellbeing. Eliminating crowding by straightening teeth can make it easier to maintain overall dental health while also boosting confidence, but moving teeth is a process that requires professional oversight to ensure safe and long-lasting outcomes,” said Dr. Michelle Katz, an orthodontist on the quip professional network. “quip’s aligner system enables me to offer a service that has professional administration and oversight and doesn’t compromise on quality or convenience for my patients."
Features of quip’s aligners service include:
- Virtual consultation & smile simulation: Users upload cell phone pictures of their bite to get an estimate on how long their case will take, how much it should cost, and visualize the outcome of their teeth once straightened from the comfort of their home.
- Professional scanning, checking, planning & fitting: Eligible candidates book an in-person visit with a local dental professional at the click of a button where they get professional scans and are given an in-person checkup to ensure their mouth is healthy and eligible for aligner treatment.
- Affordable, transparent pricing & financing: Those choosing to start a case can begin treatment from as little as $1,995 upfront, or $99 per month.
- High quality products & treatment: quip aligners are manufactured by one of the world's leading aligner labs and each patient gets a quip smart brush, toothpaste and refillable floss as well as a remote monitoring device.
- Convenient at-home or in-person monitoring: Case monitoring is done remotely by a dedicated orthodontist through the quip remote monitoring app, and users can get in-person care when needed.
The program is being piloted in New York City and will start to scale nationwide later this year. To learn more about quip Aligners visit www.getquip.com/aligners.
quip is a modern oral health company launched in 2015 that provides thoughtfully designed personal oral care products and professional dental care services to make oral care more simple, accessible, and enjoyable. The current personal care offerings include a wide selection of American Dental Association approved (ADA seal) adult and kid electric toothbrushes, smart brushes, refillable floss pick and string, mouthwash and gum, all kept fresh with a refill delivery service. quip’s professional platform, which is behind quip Aligners and quipcare, is part of the company's future vision to combine personal and professional care. quip was co-founded by Simon Enever and Bill May.