SAN DIEGO, LOS ANGELES & SOUTH SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Biocom California, the association representing the California life science industry, today announced the winners of its fifth annual Life Science Catalyst Awards. The awards celebrate the accomplished and up-and-coming academics, entrepreneurs, investors, corporate leaders and business advisers who are making their mark on the California life science industry before reaching their 40th birthday.
“Across various sectors, regions, disciplines and career paths, these ten trailblazers are united by their passion for improving human health and transforming life science as we know it,” said Joe Panetta, president and CEO of Biocom California. “This year’s Catalyst Award recipients are a testament to the strength of the industry within California – strength that they will continue to foster with the leadership, passion and innovation that the field requires to thrive. Congratulations to the winners, and Biocom California looks forward to all that you accomplish next!”
Biocom California selected the 10 winners from an impressive pool of nominees from all facets of the life science industry, including pharma, diagnostics, venture funding, industrial biotech and digital health. The nominees were vetted by regional committees that considered factors including innovation, leadership and vision.
In alphabetical order, the Life Science Catalyst Award winners are:
- Sarah Bhagat, Partner, Sofinnova Investments
- Racquel Bracken, Partner, Venrock
- Pedro Coelho, Co-founder & CEO, Provivi, Inc.
- Jasson Crockett, Director of Community Business and Economic Innovation, Mayor’s Office of Economic Development, City of Los Angeles
- Wei Gao, Assistant Professor of Medical Engineering, California Institute of Technology
- Arthur Kuan, CEO, CG Oncology, Inc.
- Trevor Martin, Co-founder and CEO, Mammoth Biosciences
- Inanc Ortac, Founder, CSO of DevaCell; Founder, CSO of Sarmal; and Founder, CEO, CSO of Innovasion Labs PINC
- Katie Planey, Co-founder and CTO, Mantra Bio
- Cameron Turtle, Chief Business Officer, Eidos Therapeutics and SVP, Portfolio Management and Corporate Development, BridgeBio Pharma
The award winners will be highlighted in the cover feature of the Biocom California LifeLines magazine and celebrated at the virtual Biocom California Celebration of Life Event on December 10.
About Biocom California
Biocom California is the leader and advocate for California’s life science sector. We work on behalf of more than 1,300 members to drive public policy, build an enviable network of industry leaders, create access to capital, introduce cutting-edge STEM education programs, and create robust value-driven purchasing programs.
Founded in 1995 in San Diego, Biocom California provides the strongest public voice to research institutions and companies that fuel the local and state-wide economy. Our goal is simple: to help our members produce novel solutions that improve the human condition. In addition to our San Diego headquarters, Biocom California operates core offices in Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area, satellite offices in Washington, D.C. and Tokyo, and has a continuous staff presence in Sacramento. Our broad membership benefits apply to biotechnology, pharmaceutical, medical device, genomics and diagnostics companies of all sizes, as well as to research universities and institutes, clinical research organizations, investors and service providers.