SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--First paragraph, first sentence of release dated April 15, 2020, should read: FDA authorized (instead of FDA approved). Also, sixth paragraph, first sentence should read The test was authorized by the FDA (instead of The test was approved by the FDA).
The corrected release reads:
1HEALTH.IO LAUNCHES THE FIRST COVID-19 TELEHEALTH SUPERVISED SELF COLLECTION KIT; 50,000 TEST KITS WILL SHIP IMMEDIATELY RAMPING UP TO 300,000 KITS MONTHLY BY MAY
The test will use saliva spit kits manufactured in the U.S., relieving strain on the supply of nasal swabs in U.S. hospitals
1Health.io, a precision health platform that powers both health systems and direct to consumer brands such as Vitagene and GNC, announced the immediate availability of 50,000 COVID-19 test kits that are FDA authorized for telehealth- or other provider-supervised self collection. 1Health.io and its lab partners are ramping up to provide 300,000 test kits by May to increase widespread testing capacity in the U.S.
1Health.io’s test kits and cloud platform were designed to support the following goals:
- Allow a patient to have saliva collected in a special saliva kit during a telehealth session with a care provider supervising from a remote location.
- Support doctors who are attending to their patients online through TeleHealth platforms, allowing them to supervise a COVID-19 test over TeleHealth platforms.
- Reduce the need for a healthcare provider to personally perform the sample collection. The test kit is a simple saliva spit kit that can be supervised remotely, reducing risk of unintended infections of the healthcare provider.
- Reduce the need for consumption of nasal swabs which are in shortage across the US hospital systems.
- The kits are 100% US made, eliminating substantial supply chain complexity and import dependency.
- Facilitate doctors and rural clinics with limited access to local lab equipment to obtain high quality COVID-19 testing for their patients while reducing the incidence of secondary infection.
Digitally deliver test results to the ordering healthcare provider, upon approval to the patient, within 3-4 days of specimen collection.
“As a country we are going through challenging times and all of us are trying to help in some capacity,” said Mehdi Maghsoodnia, CEO of 1Health.io. “Our focus as a team is to help bring fast and reliable testing to everyone universally. We are hoping that by providing an end-to-end platform that performs testing, contact tracing, telehealth and clinical supervision, we can enable our healthcare providers to rapidly obtain tests for their patients regardless of their location.”
1Health.io will initially release the supply of test kits to hospital systems and doctors who want to remotely collect specimens from COVID-19 symptomatic patients within clinical settings.
1Health.io is committed to both reducing testing cost and providing universal testing to as many Americans as possible. The company has received inbound demand from multiple state and hospital systems for its test kit capacity and has committed to maintain price transparency in the process. The price of the test kit will not change for consumers, individual doctors, government agencies or large hospital systems.
The test was authorized by the FDA under the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) and can be found at the following page on the FDA site: https://www.fda.gov/media/136875/download.
For more information about whether our COVID-19 testing platform is appropriate for your institution or group, please visit www.1health.io.
1Health.io is a precision health platform powering health applications for large institutions reaching over a million consumers. 1Health.io empowers health systems, corporations and government agencies to launch precision health applications taking advantage of the latest science in machine learning, data analytics and laboratory testing to provide actionable individualized health plans to consumers. 1Health.io provides a complete scalable cloud stack and supports compliance with applicable privacy and security requirements of its partners and their customers. 1Health.io is a product of Vitagene Incorporated. To learn more, go to https://1health.io