NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Momentum Event Group, a leading provider of conferences that drive competitive edge, today announced the launch of the Psychedelic Opportunity Summit taking place June 18, 2020 in New York City. Designed for investors, entrepreneurs and senior executives from the payer, provider, pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, the summit will separate fact from fiction and assess the true investment potential for psychedelic medicine from those on the forefront of this reemerging science.
“This conference was born out of my passionate purpose, mental health,” said Ben Greenzweig, Co-Founder and CEO of Momentum. “Research so far suggests that psychedelics can provide a range of therapeutic treatments for diseases including depression, anxiety, addiction, PTSD, alzheimers and chronic inflammation, and as there are already regulatory pathways for ongoing testing, the only significant barrier remaining for the advancement of these medicines is funding. This is why the Psychedelic Opportunity Summit was created,” Greenzweig concluded.
The summit will feature 21+ industry experts, entrepreneurs, medical professionals and thought leaders including:
- Matthew W. Johnson Ph.D., Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- Katherine (Kit) Bonson, PhD, Senior Pharmacologist, Controlled Substance Staff, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- Javier Munoz, Deputy Director (Acting), Division of Psychiatry Products, U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA)
- George Goldsmith, Executive Chairman, Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder, COMPASS Pathways
- Heather Clouting M.Sc., Director of CMC and Project Management, MAPS Public Benefit Corporation
- Ekaterina Malievskaia MD MScPH, Chief Innovation Officer and Co-Founder, COMPASS Pathways
- Dr. Owen Muir, Chief Medical Officer, Co-Founder, Brooklyn Minds
- JR Rahn, Founder, Director, MindMed
- Myles Katz, Co-Founder, Synthesis
- Ronan Levy , Founder, Field Trip Ventures
- Mike “Zappy” Zapolin, Conscious Filmmaker, Director, “Lamar Odom: Reborn” 2020, “The Reality Of Truth” 2017
- Shlomi Raz, Chairman, Founder, Eleusis
- Shelby Hartman, Chief Executive Officer, Co-Founder, DoubleBlind
- Mike Arnold, CEO/Founder, Silo Wellness
Topics to be addressed will include a range of regulatory, scientific, economic modeling and investment topics as well as case studies and keynotes. Summit Co-Chair Colin Beattie, Founder and CEO, Entheos said, “I am proud that this event has set the right reputational quality bar and will have the credibility and professionalism that those attending will find valuable as the space and opportunities evolve.”
The Psychedelic Opportunity Summit is produced in partnership with Green Market Report and Green / Entrepreneur, KCSA Strategic Communications is the conference’s exclusive PR partner.
Visit us at psychedelicevent.com.