NORCROSS, Ga.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Guided Therapeutics, Inc. (Pink Sheets: GTHP), the maker of a rapid and painless cervical cancer detection test based on its patented biophotonic technology, announced today the Company’s plans for 2020.
The Company’s main goals for this year are:
- Restart discussions with the FDA and begin work on a small confirmatory study to support the claims of the previously completed pivotal study – The Company has already contacted FDA and informed them to expect the updated protocol for review. The outline for the protocol was previously agreed to during previous meeting between FDA and the Company. FDA also agreed to reduce the criteria for sensitivity of the test, a benchmark that was reached in the completed pivotal study of 2,000 women. Based on these developments, the company intends to discuss with FDA completing the smaller confirmatory study under one of three possible approval scenarios: 1) as part of the normal premarket approval process 2) via the de novo 510(k) route for new technologies or 3) as part of post-marketing studies. The latter two strategies would likely reduce the time to US market launch and would need to be agreed to by FDA.
- Start clinical studies for Chinese FDA approval and achieve approval by Q4 2020 – Company intends to fill near term purchase order of 5 devices in Q1 2020 and, once our Chinese distribution partner Shandong Medical Instrumentation Co, Ltd. files with Chinese FDA as a Class 2 device, start to receive payments on larger $2.5 million Purchase Order.
- Start taking new orders for Europe and Russia based on final assembly of LuViva at new manufacturing site in Hungary – Contract manufacturer is now ISO 13485 approved to assemble LuViva. New CE Mark with expanded claims has been applied for and expected to be granted in Q1 or Q2 of this year.
- Jumpstart sales growth in Middle East and Indonesia - New agreements and subsequent sales with current distributors and addition of new distributor covering a total of 19 countries are expected to generate significant new orders in 2020.
- Financial Filings – The Company anticipates releasing Q2 2019 (10Q) financial results later this month and 2019 Q3 (10Q) financial results early in February to catch up with its SEC filings.
About Guided Therapeutics
Guided Therapeutics, Inc. (Pink Sheets: GTHP) is the maker of a rapid and painless testing platform based on its patented biophotonic technology that utilizes light for the early detection of disease at the cellular level. The Company’s first product is the LuViva® Advanced Cervical Scan, a non-invasive device used to detect cervical disease instantly and at the point of care. In a multi-center clinical trial with women at risk for cervical disease, the technology was able to detect cervical cancer up to two years earlier than conventional modalities, according to published reports. For more information, visit: www.guidedinc.com.
The Guided Therapeutics LuViva® Advanced Cervical Scan is an investigational device and is limited by federal law to investigational use in the U.S. LuViva, the wave logo and "Early detection, better outcomes" are registered trademarks owned by Guided Therapeutics, Inc.
Forward-Looking Statements Disclaimer: A number of the matters and subject areas discussed in this news release that are not historical or current facts deal with potential future circumstances and developments. The discussion of such matters and subject areas is qualified by the inherent risks and uncertainties surrounding future expectations generally and also may materially differ from Guided Therapeutics’ actual future experience involving any of or more of such matters and subject areas. Such risks and uncertainties include those related to the early stage of commercialization of products, the uncertainty of market acceptance of products, the uncertainty of development or effectiveness of distribution channels, the intense competition in the medical device industry, the sufficiency of capital raised in prior financings and the ability to realize their expected benefits, the uncertainty of future capital to develop products or continue as a going concern, the uncertainty of regulatory approval of products, and the dependence on licensed intellectual property, as well as those that are more fully described from time to time under the heading “Risk Factors” in Guided Therapeutics’ reports filed with the SEC, including Guided Therapeutics’ Annual Report on Form 10-K for the fiscal year ended December 31, 2018 and subsequent filings.