NEWARK, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zephyr, a leading provider of enterprise test management solutions, today releases its annual “How the World Tests” report, including findings on the state and future of software testing. The report found under-developed skills in automation and fragmented testing processes as core barriers to faster and more accurate software deployments. Forty-five percent of respondents named education as the primary obstruction, while a quarter identified a lack of tools and unclear processes as setbacks.
The 2016 “How the World Tests” report includes 1,000 responses from IT professionals in industries such as healthcare, retail, government, education, transportation, manufacturing and financial services. The report surveyed developers, directors and managers in more than 100 countries to identify trends within the testing community.
“This report is a benchmark for IT teams in companies of all sizes,” said Scott Johnson, CEO of Zephyr. “Testing teams in a breadth of industries face the same issues in deploying tools and providing internal training fast enough to meet the needs of continuous software deployment. Based on our report, investments in these two areas in 2017 will enable critical automated testing to perfect the agile workflow and deploy software faster to meet consumer demand for updates in innovative technology.”
Key findings from the report include:
- Automated testing is more prevalent in enterprise organizations, yet 45 percent of those employees lack critical skill sets needed to deliver continuously
- 35 percent of all respondents ranked the lack of automation testing as the biggest obstacle to agile adoptions
- 22 percent identified missing tool sets or a support deficit within the current process as preventers to automated testing
- 13 percent of companies, from small to enterprise-level, said they struggle with what to automate and what to manually test, creating roadblocks to deployment
- While 70 percent of smaller companies follow an agile methodology, only 30 percent use automated testing in deployments frequently
“‘How the World Tests allows the entire testing community to examine our progress over the last year,” said Hamesh Chawla, VP of Engineering at Zephyr. “IT teams want to speed up deployment of new software to meet demand. Companies should increase employee education investments in order to fine-tune the most efficient automated tests that work for any software they develop.”
To download the 2016 “How the World Tests” report, visit GetZephyr.com.
Zephyr is a leading provider of on-demand, real-time enterprise test management solutions, offering innovative applications, seamless integrations and unparalleled, real-time visibility into the quality and status of software projects. Zephyr products are the fastest growing agile test management products in the world, with more than 10,000 global customers in 100 countries. The company’s feature-rich products address today’s dynamic and global needs across a variety of industries including finance, healthcare, media, mobile, IT services and enterprise software. Zephyr is headquartered in Newark, Calf. with offices in Europe and India. For more information, please visit www.getzephyr.com.