-

OCEU/CUPE 1750 Members Vote Yes to Ratify Tentative Agreement

TORONTO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Ontario Compensation Employees Union (OCEU/CUPE 1750) is pleased to announce that its members have voted to accept the tentative collective agreement negotiated by their bargaining committee.

The union remains concerned about the ongoing anti-union measures being pursued by the Ford Government and will remain vigilant in defending workers’ rights and fair bargaining processes.

Share

“I am proud of my coworkers and the strength of our union, we are a critical safety net for Ontario workers and Ontarians spoke up, sending thousands of messages to the WSIB leadership,” said Harry Goslin, President of OCEU/CUPE 1750. “Together, we were able to secure the best possible outcome and successfully pushed back against the employer’s attacks on union seniority rights.”

This strike was a historic moment for our union and the broader labour movement. We thank our members for their unwavering commitment and courage, the public for their understanding, and our fellow unions for their solidarity and support throughout this challenging fight.

As members prepare to return to work on Monday, July 7, 2025, the union remains steadfast in its commitment to protect workers’ rights and health.

OCEU/CUPE 1750 will continue to stand in solidarity with other public sector unions currently negotiating collective agreements. The union remains concerned about the ongoing anti-union measures being pursued by the Ford Government and will remain vigilant in defending workers’ rights and fair bargaining processes.

mb/cope491

Contacts

For more information, please contact:
Bill Chalupiak
CUPE Communications Representative
wchalupiak@cupe.ca
416-707-1401

Canadian Union of Public Employees


Release Versions

Contacts

For more information, please contact:
Bill Chalupiak
CUPE Communications Representative
wchalupiak@cupe.ca
416-707-1401

More News From Canadian Union of Public Employees

CUPE holds solidarity rally outside Villa Marconi, amid growing pile-up in the laundry department

OTTAWA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The residents of Villa Marconi are running out of clean laundry, and it is due to negligent policy making by management. In June, members of CUPE 4793 held an information picket outside the long-term care facility on Baseline Road to call out the callous layoffs in the laundry and environmental services department. Since then, management has cut hours for union workers and begun a campaign of retaliation and harassment against union members. Workers have been sent home...

CUPE, ONA and OPSEU to rally against 101 job cuts at the Queensway-Carleton Hospital in Ottawa, as provincial hospital funding cuts hit patient care

OTTAWA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--In July, the Queensway-Carleton announced that it would be cutting 101 jobs at the hospital, including 87 nurses, seven housekeepers, and four emergency department personal care aides. The hospital is citing insufficient funding amidst rising costs of operations including drugs, salaries, and supplies. CUPE is joining forces with the Ontario Nurses’ Association (ONA) and OPSEU to hold a rally on August 19 to demand that the hospital reverse the cuts. They are also calli...

Ottawa’s Inaction Lets Smith Destroy Health Care

EDMONTON, AB--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CUPE Alberta President Raj Uppal is calling out the Liberal government in Ottawa for its inaction while the UCP dramatically expands private, patient paid health care in the province. “It’s been almost a year since the UCP passed Bill 11, allowing wealthy patients to buy their way to the front of the line for health care services,” said Uppal. “After all that time, Minister Michel this week sent a sternly worded note to the province asking them to change direction...
Back to Newsroom