NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Spotnana, the world’s first Travel-as-a-Service platform modernizing the infrastructure of the travel industry, today announced that it has integrated with Trainline Partner Solutions’ (TPS) latest API to deliver a next-generation shopping experience with comprehensive access to European rail carriers. The integration includes advanced support for split-ticket pricing in the UK, purchases of ancillaries, and self-service booking changes and cancellations.
Spotnana integrated and deployed Trainline Partner Solutions’ latest rich content API in just months, making Spotnana the fastest ever to integrate with Trainline’s systems.
“We are delighted to provide the widest possible array of European rail options along with the most advanced and user-friendly booking and servicing capabilities for travelers,” said Bill Brindle, VP of Travel Operations at Spotnana. “It has been a pleasure to work with Trainline Partner Solutions to deliver a next-generation rail shopping experience to our global customer base.”
Spotnana customers will have access to industry-leading features including:
- Best-in-class modern shopping experience - travelers can apply discounts from rail cards and loyalty programs, select seats based on real-time seat maps, view accurate amenity details for each leg of a multi-carrier trip, and purchase comfort options and ancillaries, such as in-seat meals and Wi-Fi. Spotnana’s dynamic UI displays results based on the number of cabins available for a specific ticket, providing a delightful experience to travelers.
- Split-ticket pricing - travelers get great value on UK fares with split-ticket pricing, which finds ways to book itineraries with reduced prices.
- Self-service booking changes – travelers can change and cancel their rail trips using the Spotnana Mobile App and Online Booking Tool, with the full ability to cancel individual tickets in a multi-ticket trip.
- Seamless global servicing – Spotnana travelers and agents use the same platform, so travel agents have full access to fare rules, multi passenger booking, traveler preferences, loyalty entitlements, and policy guidelines.
- Real-time global analytics – travel managers can see full details on bookings, exchanges, and cancellations for all rail carrier bookings in addition to the location of travelers.
- Integrated air and rail search – when a traveler searches for a flight, Spotnana automatically runs a rail search in parallel and makes it easy to find an appropriate rail alternative.
Spotnana customers can apply Spotnana’s industry-leading policy functionality to rail bookings including controls over maximum price, highest travel class allowed, booking windows, and out-of-policy reason codes for bookings. Carbon emissions for rail trips are tracked as well, allowing travel managers to make smart sustainability decisions for their program.
“We want to offer a simple and seamless retailing experience for train tickets to the widest possible audience,” said Cedric Dufour, Head of Commercial, Europe for Trainline Partner Solutions. “We’re delighted to partner with Spotnana to help achieve that goal and make rail travel an attractive and easy choice for their customers.”
Rich rail content is now available for Spotnana customers traveling in the UK, Germany (Deutsche Bahn), Switzerland (SBB), Italy (Trenitalia), and Spain (Renfe) with coverage extended to more European routes in the coming months.
Spotnana is the travel platform that connects humanity. We are modernizing the infrastructure of the travel industry in order to bring freedom, simplicity, and trust to travelers everywhere. Our Travel-as-a-Service platform makes travel simpler and more affordable for corporations, while enabling our ecosystem of agency, supplier, and technology provider partners to increase operational efficiency, unlock new revenue sources, and accelerate innovation. To learn more, visit spotnana.com.
Trainline is the leading independent rail and coach travel platform selling rail and coach tickets to millions of travellers worldwide. Via our highly rated website and mobile app, people can seamlessly search, book and manage their journeys all in one place. We bring together millions of routes, fares and journey times from 270 rail and coach carriers across 45 countries. We help our customers find the best value fares for their journey and smart, real time travel information on the go. Our aim is to make rail and coach travel easier and more accessible, encouraging people to make more environmentally sustainable travel choices.