OLDWICK, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The September issue of Best’s Review examines the mutual insurance sector:
- “The Mutual Mindset: Slow and Steady” — While property/casualty mutuals hit rough seas in 2022, they typically steer toward long-term financial stability.
- “Life Mutuals Are Driving Efforts to Expand Middle Market Coverage” — Mutual insurers say their longer-term approach serves policyholders, who each own a stake in the business.
Also included in the September issue:
- “How Emotional Reactions to Major Events Can Help Propel Decisions, Life Insurance Sales” — Behavioral science shows an individual’s feelings towards risk are useful and often beneficial in decision-making.
- “Hedge Fund Investing Continues to Fall Out of Favor With Insurers” — Strategy that often includes loss of investment control, high capital charges never quite fit an industry where liquidity reigns.
- “Foreign Insurers Race to Fill Gaps, Find Opportunity in Emerging Asia” — Changing demographics and the need for coverage are among the attractions in life and nonlife markets in countries such as India and China.
Best’s Review is AM Best’s monthly insurance magazine, covering emerging issues and trends and evaluating their impact on the marketplace. Access to the complete content of Best’s Review is available here.
AM Best is a global credit rating agency, news publisher and data analytics provider specializing in the insurance industry. Headquartered in the United States, the company does business in over 100 countries with regional offices in London, Amsterdam, Dubai, Hong Kong, Singapore and Mexico City. For more information, visit www.ambest.com.
Copyright © 2023 by A.M. Best Company, Inc. and/or its affiliates. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.