FALLS CHURCH, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--(WIT), the premier organization contributing to the advancement and success of professional women in the Washington, D.C. area technology community, today announced its 2023-2024 Board of Directors.
From the classroom to the boardroom, WIT advances women in the technology community, helping them to break barriers and accelerating their careers. Leading the organization as this year’s WIT president is Julie Murphy, president of Sage Communications. Murphy has served as a board member and volunteer of WIT, as well as other local organizations including March of Dimes DMV Market and George Mason University’s Department of Communications Insight Committee.
“Providing professional development, mentorship and networking opportunities for women is vital to bridging the gender gap for women in the technology sector. Throughout history, women have demonstrated their ability to drive meaningful results by bringing unique perspectives, problem-solving and innovative thinking to the table. WIT is dedicated to providing the best community and programming for women to accelerate and succeed at every step of their career journeys,” said Murphy.
Sharing her enthusiasm for the new role, Murphy noted, “I am excited to take on this position to further amplify our voices and champion the importance of women in technology.”
Women in Technology’s Leadership is comprised of a dedicated team of female professionals committed to empowering women to be architects of change in the technology industry.
Women in Technology Board of Directors for 2023 - 2024
- President: Julie Murphy, Sage Communications
- Immediate Past President: Amber Hart, The Pulse of GovCon
- President-Elect: Lisa Mundt, The Pulse of GovCon
- Board Member, Secretary: Kathy Hanrahan, Geo Consulting LLC
- Board Member, Treasurer: Heather Dean, Cordia Partners
- Board Member at Large, Mentor Protégé: Beth Bierden, Decisive Point Consulting Group, LLC
- Board Member at Large, Special Events: Carrie Drake, Maxar Technologies
- Board Member at Large, Sponsorship: Jennifer Sokalski, Dexian
- Board Member, Communications Chair: Lesley Rogers, NetApp
- Board Member, Membership Chair: Emily Brash, Curate Partners
- Board Member, Programs Chair: Zhenia Klevitsky
- Board Member at Large, Emerging Leaders: Shelley Brown-Philips, TEKsystems
- Board Member at Large, Special Interest Groups: Amanda Chavez, NuAxis Innovations
- Board Member at Large, DE&I: Shany Seawright, Lumen Technologies
- General Counsel, Executive Committee: Kathryn Harris, RLG, plc
- STEM for Her, Chair: Christine Gollayan, SONY
You can learn more about WIT here.
About Women in Technology
Women in Technology (WIT) is a not-for-profit organization with the mission of advancing women in technology — from the classroom to the boardroom. With more than 1,000 members in the Washington, D.C. area, WIT fulfills its vision by providing leadership development, technology education, networking, and mentoring opportunities for women at all levels of their careers and for girls interested in STEM. For more information, please visit: womenintechnology.org or connect with us via Facebook, LinkedIn or Twitter @WITWomen.