WATERTOWN, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apollo Intelligence (Apollo), a leading provider of real-time global data and insights to the healthcare and life science industries, capped a strong 2022 by expanding its commercial leadership with the addition of two key executives. Kelley Schudy, Apollo chief global commercial officer, and Chris Mars, executive vice president of sales for the InCrowd brand, will help the company scale its commercial operations to meet the growing demand for high-quality, tech-enabled market insights that provide life science leaders with innovative research solutions that keep pace with the fast-changing healthcare industry.
“With Kelley and Chris on board, Apollo’s brands are equipped to meet client’s growing needs and expectations in the coming years, as healthcare's digital transformation continues to drive our customers to seek new and innovative paths to insights and ways of optimizing operations,” said Daniel S. Fitzgerald, CEO, and president of Apollo. “Life science firms rely on our InCrowd and Survey Healthcare Global brands for real-time market insights from our global healthcare professional panel to inform their business decisions. With our expanded commercial team and continued investment in insights innovation, we can help more life science firms thrive in 2023 and beyond.”
Kelley Schudy, Chief Global Commercial Officer, Apollo
As Apollo’s chief global commercial officer, Kelley Schudy brings over two decades of experience in the healthcare sector, and more than 30 years in commercial leadership roles, to the Apollo team. He joins Apollo from Parata Systems, the medication robotic dispensing company where Schudy led sales, marketing, and customer success teams. With senior commercial roles at Net Health, Allscripts, and Misys Healthcare, he amassed a proven record of building and leading teams that created high-revenue growth and enhanced customer loyalty. Schudy also brings to Apollo the complement of skills of a seasoned, client-focused leader steeped in relationship management and evolving growth in value to customers.
Chris Mars, Executive Vice President of Sales, InCrowd
As InCrowd’s executive vice president of sales, Chris Mars brings over 20 years of healthcare data research and pharma research sales expertise. He joins InCrowd from Evidation Health, where he guided sales for Evidation’s health tracking platform, a solution that gathers and contributes data to real-world research efforts. Previously, Mars led sales management at OptimizeRx and held numerous commercial leadership roles at Decision Research Group (DRG), a global insights and analytics provider acquired by Clarivate. Earlier in his career Mars held district management and sales roles at Janssen/ Ortho-McNeil Pharmaceuticals.
Wins and Innovation in 2022
Apollo has been on a steady path to transform and modernize the life sciences research and insights industry by leveraging technology and data to yield high-quality speed to insights. Apollo’s executive appointments follow a 2022 in which InCrowd and SHG realized many strategic wins and Apollo continued its foundational investments to achieve sustained, long-term success, in 2023 and beyond. These include:
- Apollo’s acquisition in June 2022 by Frazier Healthcare Partners, whose investment, experience, and deep industry knowledge are essential to accelerating the realization of the company’s bold vision for the healthcare and life science industry.
- The growth of 15% for Apollo’s top accounts in 2022.
The debut of new products and innovations:
- InCrowd Essentials, a syndicated market research solution providing an agile, tech-enabled complement to the traditional awareness, trial, and usage (ATU) tracking study.
- SHG Programming Plus, an enhanced programming service, and Qual Scheduler, a panel-integrated scheduling solution that simplifies HCP interviews.
- Investments in panel expansion and engagement that elevated Apollo to one of the largest providers of global healthcare audiences.
- The hiring of five new business development executives to expand Apollo’s client impact and reach in the marketplace; the addition of a Chief People Officer, Rey Lado; and the appointment of Caleb Costa as a Chief Customer Officer for InCrowd.
- Apollo’s expansion of its InCrowd brand in Europe with a dedicated sales and delivery team.
Recognition for Apollo as winner or finalist for seven awards for growth and innovation:
- Apollo—Inc. 5000 National List, Inc. 5000 New England Regional List – No. 37.
- InCrowd—International Business Awards – Silver Award for InCrowd Global Insights Solution, and PM360 2022 Innovative New Product for InCrowd Essentials.
- SGH—BHBIA Creative Fieldwork Team of the Year – Highly Commended (finalist), American Business Awards, Silver Award for the SHG Business Development Team’s COVID-19 Support Response, Intellus Impact award for SHG’s Matt Walmsley.
- Continuation of its award-winning data reports series on timely topics to help ground systemic healthcare concerns in facts. Reports covered HCP mental health and its impact on medical errors, physician burnout, physician industry predictions, medical conferences reviews including ASCO and ESMO, and disease outbreaks including the respiratory syncytial virus (RSV).
About Apollo Intelligence, LLC
Apollo’s mission is to accelerate health innovation to improve life. In 2019, Apollo launched with the acquisition of InCrowd, a pioneer of real-time, automated insights for the life science industry. In 2020, Apollo strengthened its global reach, by acquiring Survey Healthcare Global, a global market leader of first-party healthcare data collection and custom survey solutions. Apollo provides access to 2 million healthcare stakeholders worldwide—including physicians, patients, caregivers, and allied healthcare professionals. Apollo’s 250+ employees support top global pharmaceutical brands, market research agencies, and consultancies across 13 different countries in the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Apollo is a portfolio company of Frazier Healthcare Partners. For more information about Apollo, please visit our website at www.apollointelligence.net.