Tower companies play a critical role in the deployment of 5G technology—not only by owning and leasing tower space to telecom service providers—but also through their ability to help them build out 5G networks quickly while seamlessly supporting new services and activations. With 4.8 billion 5G subscriptions projected by 2026, demand for visibility into tower locations for network planning will continue to increase and new revenue streams for tower companies will continue to emerge.
The Network Media Group recently sat down with a panel of experts at Mobile World Congress ‘23 in Barcelona to discuss the role of tower companies in the deployment of 5G, including:
- How service providers can more closely partner with tower companies to leverage all aspects of a tower company’s assets including points of interconnection (PoC) to better manage the expense of 5G rollouts
- How network planning and activation can be simplified with independently verified, industry-standard nomenclature that identifies tower locations and information about towers’ capabilities
- How tower companies can solidify their relationships with their customers by offering new value-added services such as sharing the access network, backhaul, core network and edge computing capabilities
- Other areas for growth that tower companies can take advantage of as 5G deployments continue to increase
- John Hayes – Senior Director, iconectiv
- Will Townsend – Vice President & Principal Analyst – Networking, Moor Insights
- Robert Paige – SVP, M&A, Vertical Bridge
- Rikin Thakker – Chief Technology Officer, Wireless Infrastructure Association
Where: To see the full video interview, visit
Your business and your customers need to access and exchange information simply, seamlessly and securely. iconectiv’s extensive experience in information services and its unmatched numbering intelligence helps you do just that. In fact, more than 2 billion people count on our platforms each day to keep their networks, devices and applications connected. Our cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solutions span network and operations management, numbering, trusted communications and fraud prevention. For more information, visit www.iconectiv.com. Follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.