CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Progressive Grocer, the voice of the retail food industry since 1922, has unveiled its 2023 class of Outstanding Independents. The publication has honored the excellence of America’s independent food retailers for more than a decade.
“It’s always tough to pick our Outstanding Independents honorees, but this year proved particularly difficult,” noted PG Managing Editor Bridget Goldschmidt. “There was so much creativity spotlighted in the submissions, and so many examples of how important these grocers are to their communities. Our lineup of honorees for 2023 is especially strong, as these retailers have come out of the other side of a challenging pandemic, trailed by supply chain woes and record-high inflation, with their businesses and loyal customer bases largely intact – incredibly, many were even able to thrive despite the adverse circumstances.”
The 2023 class of Progressive Grocer Outstanding Independents consists of:
- Barons Market, San Diego
- Bi-Rite Family of Businesses, San Francisco
- BriarPatch Food Co-op, Grass Valley, Calif.
- Byron’s & Cambridge Village Markets, Schuylerville, N.Y.
- Charley Family Shop ’N Save, Greensburg, Pa.
- DeCicco & Sons, Pelham, N.Y.
- Dom’s Kitchen & Market, Chicago
- Dorothy Lane Market, Dayton, Ohio
- Fareway Stores Inc., Boone, Iowa
- Gristedes/D’Agostino’s, New York
- Harvest Market, Hockessin, Del.
- Healthy Living, South Burlington, Vt.
- Isom IGA, Isom, Ky.
- John’s Market, Troy, Kan.
- Kudrinko’s Ltd., Westport, Ontario
- Little Red Box Grocery, Houston
- Mildred Store, Mildred, Kan.
- Oryana Community Cooperative, Traverse City, Mich.
- Rademacher Cos./Bill’s Superette, Andover, Minn.
- Redner’s Markets Inc., Reading, Pa.
- River Market Community Co-op, Stillwater, Minn.
- Rosauers Supermarkets, Spokane, Wash.
- Schnuck Market Inc., St. Louis
- Sedano’s Supermarkets, Hialeah, Fla.
- Sprankle’s Neighborhood Supermarkets, Saxonburg, Pa.
Progressive Grocer will honor these Outstanding Independents, which are profiled in the magazine’s February issue, with a special awards reception at the NGA Show in Las Vegas on Feb. 27. To learn more about the event or about sponsorships, contact John Schrei at email@example.com.
About Progressive Grocer
Progressive Grocer is the No. 1 business intelligence brand in the grocery industry, connecting the market’s most important retailers. Through its leading industry reporting, digital platforms, research, relevant and focused events, and sophisticated industry database, retailers turn to Progressive Grocer for guidance in navigating a fast-paced, ever-changing industry.
EnsembleIQ is the premier resource of actionable insights and connections powering business growth throughout the path to purchase. We help retail, technology, consumer goods, health care and hospitality professionals make informed decisions and gain a competitive advantage. EnsembleIQ delivers the most trusted business intelligence from leading industry experts, creative marketing solutions and impactful event experiences that connect best-in-class suppliers and service providers with our vibrant business-building communities. To learn more about EnsembleIQ, visit ensembleiq.com.