SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--RapidAPI today rolled out a new brand strategy, including updating its name to Rapid. More than 98% of enterprise leaders agree APIs are an essential part of an organization's digital transformation. Rapid is leading this ever-expanding digital landscape with an API platform that allows developers to seamlessly build, use, and share APIs in one central hub. Over the past year, Rapid has reinforced this commitment with a growing global footprint, new product offerings, new Enterprise capabilities to service customers like the International Air Transport Association (IATA), Poly, Scuderia AlphaTauri, Sun Life Financial, and a Series D funding that valued the company at $1 billion and allows the company to deliver even more value across the entire developer lifecycle.
“Our new brand identity better encompasses our mission of empowering developers to create software,” said Iddo Gino, co-founder and CEO of Rapid. “Rapid has continually evolved since it was founded in 2015, and the rebrand to Rapid is no exception. The branding was the perfect opportunity to make changes to our name and logo to reflect our evolution and where we are going — expanding our platform and services within the API market to include everything developers need to work more efficiently and creatively,” he said.
APIs are integral to navigating digital transformation and an uncertain economy. Gartner says more than 80% of organizations will identify themselves to have implemented advanced or expert-level API strategies by 2025. While the majority of enterprises are using hundreds of APIs, organizations using first-generational API tools and services lack a clear path to centralizing all APIs across their organization and providing developers with a single place to build, use and share APIs for consumption and collaboration. Rapid already offers the leading API hub for developers of all sizes and the new Rapid brand reinforces the company’s focus on delivering the next-generation API platform to power the industry.
Today’s announcement follows a year of momentum and progress, setting up the company for 2023. Over the past 12+ months, Rapid has seen:
- Developer growth – more than 4 million developers use Rapid’s public hub and leading Fortune 1000 companies can customize the RapidAPI Hub to provide internal developers and developers from third-party partners with everything they need to find, connect to and manage these “Lego'' blocks to create new digital services.
- Company momentum – Achieved $1BN valuation / $150M Series D in March; opened a new European HQ in Berlin this July; and has doubled its company employees in the past year. Rapid has almost 200 employees today.
- Customer success – Rapid has welcomed a number of new enterprises such as IATA, Poly, Formula 1’s Scuderia AlphaTauri, and Sun Life Financial.
- Product success – RapidAPI Hub, is now the world’s largest API hub where developers can discover, evaluate and integrate more than 40,000 APIs from leading companies like Twilio, Microsoft and Google and more. In addition, Rapid recently launched a new developer offering, RapidAPI Studio, that provides developers with a single, connected experience to design, develop, test, monitor and publish their APIs. In addition, Rapid continues to expand the RapidAPI Enterprise, which centralizes all APIs from across an organization and provides internal developers and partners with a single place to consume, collaborate and monetize their APIs.
Rapid has unveiled its new name, new logo and new out-of-office and digital campaigns as part of an extensive rebranding initiative. The new brand and visual language developed with design studio Saturday reflects the core values guiding Rapid’s product development — empowering developers, enabling creativity, and accelerating innovation on the company’s next-generation API platform. Visit www.rapidapi.com to learn more.
For more information:
- Iddo Gino’s headshot and other visuals supporting the announcement are available here
- Rapid blog to hear from Iddo Gino on the move to Rapid here
- Newest case study with Formula’s 1’s Scuderia AlphaTauri here
Rapid delivers the next-generation API platform built for the modern developer. Rapid is the creator of RapidAPI, the world’s largest API Hub where millions of developers build and connect to APIs, and where the largest companies find, manage and collaborate on their internal and external APIs. For enterprise organizations, Rapid offers RapidAPI Enterprise Hub, a private, customizable version of the public hub that enables the company’s developers, customers, and partners to find, manage, and connect to hundreds of internal APIs, as well as external API subscriptions.