WESTLAKE, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Nordson Corporation (Nasdaq: NDSN) today announced the release of its November 2021 Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Report. The underlying elements of ESG have been central to Nordson’s culture and success throughout its 60+ year history. In its new report, the Company describes how these elements have and will continue to influence its values, culture, operations and strategic planning through five overarching ESG priorities: Measuring and Managing Our Environmental Footprint; Delivering Responsible Products; Fostering an Inclusive and Engaged Culture; Caring for Our Communities; and Operating with Integrity and Responsibility.
Nordson’s approach to ESG is closely aligned with its overall Ascend strategy. Introduced in 2021, the Ascend strategy is designed to deliver top tier revenue growth with leading margins and returns, guided by three interconnected pillars: NBS Next growth framework, a division-led Owner Mindset, and a Winning Teams talent management strategy.
“As we continue on our ESG journey, we are committed to ensuring our strategy and related reports reflect and address the topics that matter most to our Company and stakeholders,” said Sundaram Nagarajan, President and Chief Executive Officer of Nordson. “Through disciplined, data-driven analysis, we are able to identify and prioritize opportunities to optimize our performance. A division-led owner mindset empowers site leaders to make decisions and execute ESG initiatives most impactful to their business. Fostering a purposeful, inclusive and diverse culture helps Nordson attract, engage and retain top talent. We are proud to share our progress and are energized to continue advancing our sustainable and responsible legacy.”
Highlights from Nordson’s ESG Report include:
- Understanding and minimizing the Company’s environmental footprint by initiating a comprehensive effort to aggregate global electricity, natural gas, waste and water consumption data into a centralized database to support disciplined, data-driven selection of and investment in the most impactful opportunities.
- Improving our customers’ efficiency and sustainability by continuing to design and develop precision technology solutions that contribute to lower material usage by increasing yields and reducing scrap.
- Producing a portfolio of products with environmental and social benefits, including applications throughout the advanced battery manufacturing process to support renewable energy; medical devices and life science manufacturing capabilities to support community health and well-being; semiconductor manufacturing and test and inspection solutions; and a range of other applications that support sustainable development goals.
- Reinforcing the Company’s Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) vision through the Journey to Zero initiative, which promotes the belief that all incidents are preventable through continuous improvement in behaviors and risks.
- Supporting Nordson’s communities by awarding more than 500 grants from the Nordson Corporation Foundation and contributing more than $11 million in Company and foundation charitable giving in 2020, including allocating $1.5 million in emergency response donations to address the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Recognizing the importance of diverse perspectives within the Board of Directors, as reflected in the Board’s current composition of nine directors, including three females (33%) and two racially or ethnically diverse men (22%), representing 56% overall diversity.
To view the Company’s full ESG report, visit Nordson’s Corporate Responsibility and Sustainability webpage.
Nordson Corporation is an innovative precision technology company that leverages a scalable growth framework to deliver top tier growth with leading margins and returns. The Company’s direct sales model and applications expertise serves global customers through a wide variety of critical applications. Its diverse end market exposure includes consumer non-durable, medical, electronics and industrial end markets. Founded in 1954 and headquartered in Westlake, Ohio, the Company has operations and support offices in over 35 countries. Visit Nordson on the web at www.nordson.com, www.twitter.com/Nordson_Corp or www.facebook.com/nordson.