NAPLES, Fla.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Catalyst OrthoScience Inc. (Catalyst), a medical device company focused on the upper extremity orthopedics market, will be at the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (AAOS) 2021 Annual Meeting, September 1-3, 2021, in San Diego. At Booth #3452, Catalyst will host topical presentations by surgical opinion leaders and provide demonstrations of its innovative Archer™ CSR Total Shoulder System and Archer™ R1 Reverse Shoulder System. The company also will preview its recently announced Archer™ 3D Targeting, new imaging software that supports preoperative planning for shoulder arthroplasty.
The Catalyst Clinical Series at AAOS includes:
- Improved Range-of-Motion Reported Using Stemless, Ellipsoid TSA System | Wednesday, Sept. 1, 1:00 - 1:30 pm; Matthew Budge, MD, Kaiser Permanente NW, Salem, OR
- Why Change When What You're Using Works? When To Adopt New Technology | Thursday, Sept. 2, 1:00 - 1:30 pm; Zachary R. Leitze, MD, Intermountain Medical Group, St. George, UT
- Surgical Pearls For The Archer CSR Total Shoulder System – Leveraging Five Years of Experience | Thursday, Sept. 2, 3:00 - 3:30 pm; Steven Goldberg, MD, Physicians Regional Medical Group, Naples, FL
- Anatomic vs. rTSA – How Do You Decide? | Friday, Sept. 3, 10:15 - 10:45 am; Hafiz Kassam, MD, FRCSC, Sutter Health North Medical Group, Yuba City, CA
“AAOS brings together the sharpest minds in the field, and it’s the perfect opportunity to discuss how we can move forward together,” said Brian K. Hutchison, chairman and CEO of Catalyst. “We’re excited to share our latest innovations, including the Archer R1 system and Archer 3D Targeting, with orthopedic surgeons across the nation.”
Catalyst arrives at AAOS at a time of significant momentum for the company. In March, the company received FDA 510(k) clearance for the Archer R1 system and kicked off a limited user release in Q2 2021, sharing updates from the first surgeries in May. A commercial launch is planned for later this year. Catalyst also recently announced the introduction of Archer 3D Targeting imaging software to its offerings. With its Archer suite of shoulder systems, Catalyst supports the two fastest-growing segments of the shoulder arthroplasty market – stemless anatomic and reverse TSA – as well as preoperative planning.
- The Archer CSR Total Shoulder System is an anatomic stemless total shoulder arthroplasty solution that combines innovative components and unique instrumentation to bring about a precise, accurate restoration of the shoulder. It features a stemless, ellipsoid humeral component that is engineered to accurately replace the elliptical shape of the patient’s native non-spherical humeral head.
- The Archer R1 Reverse Shoulder System is a single-tray arthroplasty system that was engineered to combine the most beneficial and evidence-based attributes of reverse shoulder arthroplasty design. The system offers surgeon-targeted implant positioning, a streamlined and versatile system, and bone sparing implants.
- Archer 3D Targeting is imaging software designed to support preoperative planning for shoulder arthroplasty. It uses two-dimensional images, such as an MRI of CT scan, to create a 3D interactive model and provide a surgical plan in advance of the Catalyst procedure.
For more information about Catalyst and its Archer suite of shoulder systems, visit booth #3452 at AAOS or www.CatalystOrtho.com.
About Catalyst OrthoScience Inc.
Catalyst OrthoScience is disrupting the usual approaches to shoulder replacement surgery. Founded in 2014 by orthopedic surgeon Steven Goldberg, M.D., the company’s goal is to develop innovative medical solutions that make orthopedic surgery less invasive and more efficient for both surgeons and patients. The company has a growing portfolio of patents and pending patents on its distinctive surgical offerings. Headquartered in Naples, Fla., Catalyst products are available across the U.S. For more information, visit www.CatalystOrtho.com/.