SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Welkin Health, a San Francisco-based digital health company with a care management platform, announced they have added clinical functionality with Health Gorilla and DrFirst.
Welkin’s care management platform is designed for healthcare providers treating conditions requiring a continuum of care including behavioral and mental health, diabetes, muskuloskeletal, and medical device management, among others. The availability of e-prescribing and the ability to order labs on the platform supports a greater set of care use cases.
“With Welkin’s automated CRM approach to care management, and the integration of eRx and labs, we have become a true replacement for expensive and burdensome electronic healthcare systems out there,” said Michelle Pampin, Welkin’s CEO. “Many healthcare entities will no longer have to purchase cumbersome technology that isn’t readily configurable to function efficiently, and suffer what we call ‘death by a thousand clicks’.”
Welkin’s lab ordering solution supports all major lab vendors including Labcorp and Quest Diagnostics. New functionality includes:
- Build labs into patient workflows to support care model
- Order electronically or manually
- Automatically log results on patient profile
- Notify care team once ready to be reviewed
- Chart lab results on patient profile
- Annotate lab results before sending to patient
- Share results with patients via secure email
- Instant flagging and notification of abnormal results
Welkin has partnered with DrFirst to integrate e-prescribing to the platform. They now support electronic medication prescribing along with other related clinical data management. New functionality includes:
- Prescribe medication electronically
- Medication reconciliation
- Manage problem list and allergies
- Receive notifications from the pharmacy for renewal / refill requests
- Notify team for pending or unsigned prescriptions
“Having a concise and centralized clinical snapshot of the patient is critical for effective care. With a computerized physician ordering system (CPOE), eRx and labs, Welkin can deliver the full spectrum of clinical care,” said Pampin.
To learn more about Welkin Health’s integrated solutions, visit https://welkinhealth.com/integrations/
About Welkin Health
Welkin Health is a care management platform that is purpose built for healthcare. They support healthcare organizations’ programs. They enable teams to improve health outcomes and maintain long-term relationships through automated workflows, team-first care delivery and centralized communication on devices including SMS, phone calls, email, and video.