CHARLOTTE, N.C.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Disaster recovery and business continuity plans are critical for any business, and are particularly important during hurricane season. The National Oceanic and Atmospheric Association’s Climate Prediction Center predicts “… a 60% chance of an above-normal season, a 30% chance of a near-normal season and only a 10% chance of a below-normal season.” In response to this year’s heightened expectations, Segra, has made critical preparations to secure the continuity of its fiber networks and customer support services and encourages all businesses to do the same.
Segra’s disaster recovery and business continuity plan includes step-by-step processes to ensure continued operation of business critical systems in the event of a disaster. Specific goals of the plan include:
- Minimizing interruptions to normal operations
- Limiting the extent of disruption and damage
- Establishing alternative means of operation when needed
- Training personnel with emergency procedures for safe, smooth, and rapid restoration of service.
Segra’s Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS) solution commits to RTOs (recovery time objective) for critical applications giving businesses peace of mind. The company’s team of DR Solution Engineers partner with businesses to design, deploy, and test a highly-available DRaaS solution to ensure customers are always prepared. Segra offers a very unique value proposition to customers by leveraging market leader Zerto’s software, continuous replications of virtual machines and secure connectivity directly over the Segra private fiber network, into Segra owned highly available and compliant (SOC 1, SOC 2, HIPAA, PCI DSS) data centers, within Segra’s multi-tenant cloud infrastructure.
To protect its fiber networks, minimize service interruptions, and continue delivering high-speed Internet and fiber-based communications services, Segra, proactively prepares for natural disasters throughout the year. Segra supports the business continuity and disaster recovery efforts of its customers by ensuring:
- Customer service, field engineering, and network operation teams are ready to mobilize and respond safely and quickly after storms pass
- Generators and refueling protocols are in place
- Facilities and infrastructure are protected from water/flooding
- Protocols are in place to prioritize hospitals, care facilities, and community hot spots
- Field personnel have an adequate supply of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Network operations are familiar with emergency protocols and procedures
- Inventory is readily available to technicians and mobile service units
- Communication procedures are ready
Visit Segra’s website for more details about its Disaster Recovery as a Service offering.
Segra is one of the largest independent fiber infrastructure bandwidth companies in the Eastern U.S. It owns and operates an advanced fiber infrastructure network of over 30,000 miles that connects more than 10,000 locations and nine data centers throughout nine Mid-Atlantic and Southeastern states. Segra provides Ethernet, MPLS, dark fiber, advanced data center services, IP and managed services, voice and cloud solutions, all backed by its industry-leading service and reliability. Customers include carriers, enterprises, governments, and healthcare organizations. For more information about Segra’s technology and commitment to customer care, visit segra.com.
About Segra Data Centers
The enterprise class facilities in Charlotte, NC are staffed 24x7x365, are SSAE 16 SOC 2 Type II certified, and PCI DSS and HIPAA compliant. Enterprise services include Colocation, Infrastructure as a Service (Iaas), Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS), Storage as a Service, Security as a Service, and Backup and Recovery as a Service. Segra’s Charlotte data center acts as a Carrier Hotel, with 12 of the largest carriers in Charlotte having fiber routes and/or Points of Presence (POP) within our facilities, allowing robust, cost effective options for our clients. With direct connectivity from the Segra fiber footprint, along with ample options for connectivity, Segra’s data center is uniquely positioned to offer clients on-net data center and colocation services.