MISSISSAUGA, Ontario--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Globalstar Canada Satellite Co., a wholly owned subsidiary of Globalstar Inc. (NYSE MKT: GSAT) and a leader in satellite messaging and emergency notification technologies, today announced SPOT Gen4™, the next generation of the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger™. SPOT Gen4 offers more tracking features in a new enhanced mapping interface, improved product specifications for water resistance and a new carabiner with strap to complete the modern industrial design. The SPOT Gen4 is part of an award-winning product portfolio that provides an affordable and vital line of communication with friends, family, colleagues and the GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center (IERCC) using GPS location and satellite connectivity powered by Globalstar.
“The new SPOT Gen4 complements the SPOT family of products, providing an affordable, easy-to-use solution for outdoor recreation and adventure enthusiasts, as well as lone and remote workers who travel beyond the reach of reliable cell coverage,” said Jim Mandala, Vice President, Globalstar Canada Satellite Co. “SPOT Gen4 is a pocket-sized, rugged device that provides users with a wide range of satellite communications functionality including enhanced tracking through a robust SPOT Mapping interface for added value and peace of mind.”
SPOT Gen4 features include the following:
- Enhanced Design – The new Gen4 has a sleek new look with improved grip and design features that snap in place to securely cover the Help and S.O.S. buttons. It’s rugged, portable and includes a new multi-use carabiner and strap.
- Upgraded IP68 Rating – Offers increased water resistance, up to 30 minutes at two meters in water.
- Motion Activated Tracking – SPOT Gen4 sends tracks at a chosen rate for as long as the device is turned on and moving, conserving battery life. Alerts can be set to auto send notifications to others when movement is detected or upon entry and exit of specific geographic areas in SPOT Mapping.
- Battery Life – The new Gen4 offers the longest battery life in the product category far surpassing performance of alternative battery powered GPS messengers.
SPOT Mapping – Live and historical map views to view or share your SPOT locations for a minimum of three years. Optional upgrades available to meet user-defined mapping needs.
- Map Layers – Select from several options to view your map in light or dark mode, satellite, open street map or terrain.
- Alerts – User set and system generated for emergency or custom messages, new movement, no movement, check in and help.
- Shared View Improvement – Unlimited shared views with easy interface to share a location.
- Customized Position Icons – Ability to distinguish location points by SPOT product or user that adds a variety of in field and remote management of resources.
- Geofencing – Allows users to create virtual geographic boundaries and set custom alerts.
Around the globe over 7,000 rescues have been attributed to SPOT satellite technology, with approximately 30% taking place in Canada. SPOT Gen4 offers safety assurance with a push button S.O.S. notification, connecting users via GPS location to the GEOS IERCC that dispatches local search and rescue.
SPOT provides ubiquitous satellite coverage, including Canada, United States, Mexico, Europe, Australia, Northern and Southern Africa, South America and North-Eastern Asia as well as hundreds of thousands of miles offshore. See our coverage map for additional global coverage details.
SPOT Gen4 is available online at FindMeSpot.ca and at retailers nationwide. The device retails for $189.99 CAD with both month-to-month Flex plans and annual service plans beginning at $11.95 USD per month. For more information on SPOT Gen4, including a complete list of retailers carrying SPOT products, visit FindMeSpot.ca. Special commercial pricing and services are also offered through SPOT Business Solutions.
About Globalstar, Inc.
Globalstar is a leading provider of customizable satellite IoT solutions for customers around the world in industries such as government, oil and gas, emergency management, transportation, maritime and outdoor recreation. As a pioneer of mobile satellite voice and data services, Globalstar allows businesses to streamline operations via the Globalstar Satellite Network by connecting people to their devices, supplying personal safety and communication and automating data to more easily monitor and manage mobile assets. The Company's product portfolio includes the industry-acclaimed SmartOne asset tracking products, Commercial IoT satellite transmitters and Duplex satellite data modems, the innovative Sat-Fi2 satellite wireless IP hotspot and the SPOT® product line of personal safety, asset and communication devices, all offered with a variety of data service plans. For more information regarding Globalstar Canada Satellite Co., please visit Globalstar.ca.
SPOT LLC, a subsidiary of Globalstar, Inc., provides affordable satellite communication and tracking devices for recreational and business use. SPOT messaging devices use both the GPS satellite network and the Globalstar satellite network to transmit and receive text messages and GPS coordinates. Since 2007, SPOT has provided peace of mind by allowing customers to remain in contact with family, friends and co-workers, completely independent of cellular coverage and has helped initiate over 7,000 rescues worldwide. For more information, visit FindMeSPOT.ca.
Note that all SPOT products described in this press release are the products of SPOT LLC, which is not affiliated in any manner with Spot Image of Toulouse, France or Spot Image Corporation of Chantilly, Virginia. SPOT Connect is a trademark of Spot LLC. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.