HOUSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--A new report, “State of the HR Profession Report: How COVID-19 is Impacting Human Resources”, from GoCo, a leader in modern Human Resources (HR), Benefits, and Payroll, examines the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the HR profession.
GoCo connected with over 500 HR professionals across the nation, industries, and company sizes, to provide insight into managing the policies and procedures related to COVID-19. The report finds HR professionals are most concerned with understanding and complying with new policies and procedures.
“HR professionals are facing COVID-19 related challenges head-on by navigating an unfamiliar legal landscape, new technologies, and safety concerns to ensure their company and employees stay afloat. The survey responses demonstrate the values we already know that HR professionals bring to their work; they are resilient, adaptive, and proactive,” said Allie Collins, Director of Marketing at GoCo. Report key findings include:
- 44% of HR professionals report that their company is still actively hiring new employees;
- 15% of respondents report some positive outcomes of the pandemic, such as increased demand for a product or service;
- 26% report feeling little to no effect of the pandemic on their business operations; and
- 60% report experiencing anywhere from negative effects to “devastation” as a result of the pandemic.
“We discovered human resource professionals are being tested in their ability to quickly adapt to virtual hiring processes, keeping employees focused and engaged during remote work, and to develop new policies and procedures to keep essential employees safe on the job,” said Sarah Koller, People Operations Manager at GoCo. “All while staying up-to-date on new and changing regulations and guidelines from state, local, and federal government entities,” added Koller.
The comprehensive report provides insight into:
- Understanding COVID-19 Policies and Procedures
- Getting in Compliance with COVID-19 Rules and Regulations
- Transitioning to Remote Work
- Hiring During Uncertainty
- Temporary Terminations & Furloughs
- Using Technology to Streamline Operations
The survey, conducted from April 15, 2020 to May 1, 2020, highlights COVID-19’s impact on HR and how it has altered the core functions of nearly every industry throughout the United States.
To download the full report, visit goco.io/covid-impact-on-hr.
GoCo is modern HR, benefits, and payroll that automates your workflow, without forcing you to change your processes, policies, and providers. Our mission at GoCo is to free our customers from outdated, painful, and complex HR and benefits administration. We hope by doing so, we can empower companies to focus on their own employees and mission. Backed by notable investors such as Salesforce Ventures and featured as the #1 HR platform in Forbes, Huffington Post, and Entrepreneur Magazine, GoCo is delivering a more delightful workplace to thousands of businesses and their employees.