UPPER SADDLE RIVER, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--De’Longhi America, a global leader in espresso and coffee products, announces a significant expansion with 2019 introductions across the De’Longhi and Braun brands. Following its 2019 launches, De’Longhi Group will have a point of entry for every consumer in their personal coffee journey, from brand-new one-touch fully automatic espresso machines to smart technology-enhanced manual machines and a customizable drip coffeemaker.
De’Longhi has been leading the category globally for over 30 years, bringing over a century of artistry and innovation to the ever-changing coffee landscape to fulfill consumers’ needs. These new products will debut at the 2019 International Home + Housewares Show in Chicago, Illinois:
- De’Longhi La Specialista – A manual espresso machine elegantly designed for the passionate espresso drinker, with exclusive sensor grinding technology and smart tamping.
- De’Longhi Dinamica Fully Automatic Coffee Machine – A first-ever fully automatic espresso machine that brews coffee perfectly calibrated for full-bodied over-ice coffee with the touch of a button.
- De’Longhi 3 in 1 Specialty Brewer – This specialty coffee maker can make a perfect pot of drip coffee, brew fresh pour-over style coffee and even brew over ice coffee in a simple, sleek design.
- Braun MultiServe – A customizable, high-quality drip coffeemaker that can easily adjust for brew strength and seven adjustable coffee size options (including pod-free single serve, travel mugs and full carafes) with a sleek, minimalist Braun design.
A leading authority in specialty coffee and espresso, De’Longhi has experienced significant year over year growth amongst all of its coffee and espresso machine products, reflecting the growing consumer demand for products that create a true bean-to-cup experience and deliver quality coffee drinks. Industry-wide demand for premium coffee options is growing and espresso-based beverage consumption has doubled in the past five years and continues to expand category awareness as consumers try new beverages*. Staying ahead of always-evolving consumer habits, this year De’Longhi will offer the first fully-automatic coffee machine to brew coffee perfectly calibrated for iced coffee, which is the now the second most-consumed beverage out of the home*.
“This year will be another one full of innovation for De’Longhi as we further expand our coffee offerings and exclusive technology across the board to connect with consumers in a category that continues to grow year over year,” said Mike Prager, De’Longhi Group North America’s President and CEO. ”Our newest innovations are a direct response to consumers’ growing desire for a more authentic, premium bean-to-cup coffee experience. We believe strongly that this year’s launches in drip, fully automatic, manual espresso and pour over will help maintain our position as the category leader in high quality coffee machines, as we strive to be the access point for all consumers interested in specialty coffee.”
Debuting in June 2019, De’Longhi La Specialista is an elegantly designed and professionally inspired manual espresso machine that effortlessly brews handcrafted espresso-based beverages. An innovative espresso machine that empowers users to neatly brew the perfect espresso with ease and precision. Skip the line and savor a more enlightened coffee experience at home -- La Specialista’s first-ever, exclusive features include:
- Exclusive Sensor Grinding Technology delivers precise, consistent grinding and the optimal dose for espresso. Plus, the bean sensor ensures you’ll never run out of beans while grinding.
- World’s first Smart Tamping allows users to simply pull the lever to tamp ground beans to the optimal pressure for consistent and clean results.
- Proprietary Active Temperature Control guarantees ideal temperature stability for optimal coffee extraction when brewing. La Specialista is equipped with two independent heating systems. One thermoblock for extracting coffee and an independent heating system for steaming milk or frothing ensures immediate beverage preparation.
- Advanced latte system creates any style of froth, from hot milk and microfoam frothing to latte art and cappuccino froth.
For additional convenience, La Specialista offers three preset recipes (Espresso, Americano, and Coffee), a My Menu function to customize and save a user’s preferred espresso drink, and active rinsing to automatically clean the machine and warm up the machine with a touch of a button. And with a professional-grade 19-bar pump and two heating systems, La Specialista turns any espresso lover into an effortless expert in their own home.
“We have been carefully evaluating the marketplace and consumer demand, and found that there was an untapped desire for a manual espresso machine that allows users to effortlessly and expertly craft specialty espresso beverages, without needing the skills and education of a barista,” said Maria Colon, Vice President of Marketing for De’Longhi. “With the launch of La Specialista, we are excited to broaden the market for manual espresso machine users.”
De’Longhi La Specialista will be available in Summer 2019 beginning at $749.99 US, $899 MSRP CA.
The De’Longhi Dinamica Fully Automatic Coffee Machine is the first and only fully automatic coffee and espresso machine with iced coffee feature – De’Longhi TrueBrew Over Ice™ – designed to deliver a smooth, full-bodied flavor experience that’s never watered down. The Dinamica has a new automatic touch-sensitive interface that is intuitive with backlit touch buttons and icons. With one touch, you can brew multiple hot beverages -- delicious espresso, long espresso and drip-style coffee, as well as the True Brew Over Ice™ option. To deliver the freshest brew possible, the Dinamica’s revolutionary technology grinds the perfect amount of your favorite beans leaving no residual coffee in the brewing unit, ensuring the freshest cup of coffee on every brewing. Also, with an integrated advanced manual frother, espresso classics like lattes and cappuccinos come complete with rich, long-lasting foam, whether you use oat, soy, almond, coconut, rice or cow’s milk.
The De’Longhi Dinamica Fully Automatic Coffee Machine, will be available in May 2019 beginning at $899.95 US, $1,199 MSRP CA.
The new De’Longhi 3 in 1 Specialty Brewer is De’Longhi’s first introduction into the popular craft coffee brewing method. With a sleek and intuitive design, the Brewer offers the prestigious SCA Golden Cup-(certification pending) certified drip coffee plus it includes pour over and “over ice” brewing capabilities. De’Longhi’s 3 in 1 Specialty Brewer meets the rigorous Golden Cup standards of the SCA for quality, temperature, brewing time and consistency, so you’re guaranteed consistently delicious coffee every time. Pour Over coffee provides a slower pulse brewing process, helping the water to extract more flavor from the grounds for a richer, bolder coffee. The “Over Ice" function is done simply by pressing two buttons together, adding the desired amount of water and coffee grounds, and placing ice cubes directly in the carafe. The sleek glass carafe allows users to brew up to 8 cups and features a convenient warming plate that holds the temperature for up to 60 minutes.
The De’Longhi 3 in 1 Specialty Brewer will be available in September 2019 for $149.99 US, $199 MSRP CA.
“We are excited to bring a range of new coffee innovations to market, to engage consumers at all points in their coffee experience across categories,” said Dean Brindle, Vice President of Category Strategy & Product Development, De’Longhi North America. “As specialty coffee consumption continues to grow year over year, we are welcoming more and more consumers to the world of De’Longhi and Braun coffee where they can experience the De’Longhi difference.”
Braun, well known for decades for its simply designed, premium coffee makers, will debut the Braun MultiServe Coffee Maker in Fall 2019. MultiServe is a pod-free single-serve and drip coffee maker that marries quality coffee with unlimited convenience by automatically dialing in the user’s preferred size and style of drip coffee, and portioning out the correct amount of water. MultiServe is Braun’s design-forward response to the growing consumer demand for single-cup brewers without the waste and expense of single-serve pods. Of all at-home coffee brewing methods, drip coffee and single serve brewers are nearly tied at 32% and 31% of coffee-drinking consumers*.
From single-serve and to-go to multi-serve and everything in between, the MultiServe can do it all. MultiServe will feature:
- Customization -- Seven adjustable coffee size options, the ability to adjust the strength of the brew, an adjustable shelf to brew directly into a cup, travel mug and carafe
- Pod-free single serve convenience with fresh, great tasting quality coffee
- Brew strength selection including Specialty Coffee Association (SCA)-pending Gold, Bold or Over Ice settings
- Choose “Gold” to brew to SCA golden cup standards. Developed by coffee science experts and professional coffee tasters, this program reviews brewers designed for in-home use to determine if they meet the rigorous requirements of brewed coffee quality as determined by the SCA.
- A freshness indicator that tracks brewed coffee freshness
- Hot water option provides six temperatures for brewing tea (on select models)
- Convenient features such as a brew “pause” switch, removable water tank, and easy-fill basket
- Premium touch screen display with programmable auto-start
Braun MultiServe will be available in September 2019 beginning at $169.99 US, $229.99 MSRP Canada.
The new De’Longhi specialty coffee machines and Braun MultiServe Coffee Maker will be supported with an array of marketing activities including public relations, media support and retail promotions.
The De’Longhi Group is based in Treviso, Italy and is on the forefront of the small domestic appliance category with a range of premium products under three internationally renowned brands; De’Longhi, Kenwood and Braun. The De’Longhi Group is committed to continuing their mission to create exceptional products that improve the lives’ of the consumer through innovative technologies and unparalleled design.
The De’Longhi brand is based in Treviso Italy and the global leader in espresso and comfort products. Highest quality, high Italian design and meaningful product innovations are the core values of the De’Longhi brand. De’Longhi is present in over 123 countries and creates products in three main categories: espresso, specialty cooking and home comfort. After more than a century of perfecting its products, De´Longhi remains committed to creating innovations that bring convenience and style into every customers’ home; making the everyday better. For more information visit www.delonghi.com.
The Braun Brand
Founded in Frankfurt, Germany in 1921, develops and manufactures a wide variety of small domestic appliances that marry innovation, thoughtful design and reliability. The global leaders in hand blenders, Braun developed the first hand blender with Smart Speed technology, a simple and intuitive speed control that offers new possibilities in creative cooking. Building on more than 90 years of design and innovation, the brand remains committed to designing products with superior performance that make life easier, more convenient and enjoyable in the kitchen. The De’Longhi Group acquired the perpetual license of the household division in fall 2012. Visit www.braunhousehold.com for the latest news and in-depth information about the Braun brand.