DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Research and Markets (http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s3zhnr/head_and) has announced the addition of the "Head & Shoulders: Establishing a mass consumer brand" report to their offering.
One of the most recognizable names in the hair care industry, Head & Shoulders has celebrated over 50 years of success. It is a renowned international brand established by Procter and Gamble (P&G). P&G are the global leaders in the hair care industry with over 20% global market share from Head & Shoulders and Pantene. In 2011 P&Gs beauty segment made 24% of net sales and 24% of net earnings.
Features and benefits
- This case study describes topics such as innovative products, business models, and significant company acquisitions
- Fact-based and presented in an accessible style, it explains the rationale of commercial decisions and illustrate wider market and economic trends
More than 50% of people suffer from dandruff at least once in their life, making it the most common of all scalp problems. Head & Shoulders is one of the best known shampoo brands around the world; shifting a gigantic 29 million units a year- about 110 bottles of the anti- dandruff formula sold every minute.
Head & Shoulders have excelled with their marketing strategy. Brand endorsement with strong and associated names is helpful for market penetration for new and extended brands.
The hair care industry in India is growing rapidly; so it is no surprise that this market is becoming fiercely competitive. Existing players will have to use strategies such as improving / launching new products, reducing prices and focus on promotion and marketing; In order for their products to maintain market share.
Your key questions answered
- How has Head & Shoulders transformed from a medicated shampoo to a mass consumer product?
- How successful has Head & Shoulders been in entering the Indian shampoo industry?
Key Topics Covered:
Product Evolution And Diversification
- Global market leaders in the retail hair care market
- Medicated shampoo aimed at people with scalp problems
- Re-branding from medicated shampoo to mass consumer product
- Widening product range to gender specific products
- Targeted marketing
- Budgetary constraints
Emerging Market: India
- P&G India
- Changing brand name
- Head & Shoulders take their eye off the ball
- P&G on the brink of a price war with competitor
- Unilever still dominating the Indian shampoo industry
- P&G make their mark in India
- Head & Shoulders has gone from strength to strength since it was established and still has great scope for growth in India
For more information visit http://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/s3zhnr/head_and