NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Baron Capital held its 30th Annual Baron Investment Conference today at the Metropolitan Opera House at Lincoln Center in New York City. Over 5,000 financial professional clients and shareholders of the 19 Baron mutual funds attended the conference, which included presentations from chief executive officers of businesses in which the funds have invested, sessions with Baron Capital’s portfolio managers, and spectacular live entertainment.
"It’s a privilege for us to host the Annual Baron Investment Conference, which gives us the opportunity to meet our clients and shareholders and introduce them to the leadership of companies in which we are invested,” said Ron Baron, Chairman, CEO, and Founder of Baron Capital. "Our goal is for our clients and shareholders to learn from these exceptional CEOs and better understand our firm’s mission: to provide our investors with access to businesses we believe possess the durable competitive advantages, best-in-class management, and open-ended growth opportunities that will produce exceptional results over the long term.
This year’s conference featured presentations by Andy Florance, Founder and Chief Executive Officer of CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: CSGP); Eric Green, Chief Executive Officer of West Pharmaceutical Services, Inc. (NYSE: WST); Michael Kehoe, Chief Executive Officer and President of Kinsale Capital Group, Inc. (NYSE: KNSL); and Philip Snow, Chief Executive Officer of FactSet Research Systems, Inc. (NYSE: FDS, NASDAQ: FDS).
Baron Capital also provides, at its own expense, entertainment in appreciation of the support of our clients and shareholders. This year's surprise performer was Justin Timberlake, following performances earlier in the day by comedian Adam Sandler, singer John Legend, and the cast of “A Beautiful Noise, The Neil Diamond Musical.”
CNBC's "Squawk Box" show was broadcast live from the conference, featuring interviews with Ron Baron, Trina Spears, Co-Founder and CEO, FIGS, Andy Florance, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, CoStar Group, Inc., and Pat Pacious and Stewart Bainum, Chief Executive Officer and Chairman respectively, Choice Hotels.
Morning and afternoon sessions featured presentations by Baron Capital portfolio managers and executives on the Baron Capital investment philosophy, approach, and process. Ron also gave the keynote address, followed by a Q&A with conference attendees.
“A lot has changed since our first investment conference, which was held at a hotel ballroom and attended by about 30 of my friends,” Ron said. “But some things haven’t, most notably our commitment to long-term, fundamental, active growth investing. And our funds’ long-term results speak for themselves. We’re delighted to treat our clients and shareholders to first-class entertainment, but for everyone on the Baron Capital investment team, interacting with our attendees is the most important thing we do at the conference. We look forward to seeing everyone back next year for the 31st Annual Baron Investment Conference."
The Baron Capital investment team includes:
- Ron Baron, Chairman, CEO, and portfolio manager of Baron Growth Fund ®, Baron Partners Fund ®, Baron Focused Growth Fund ®, and Baron WealthBuilder Fund ®
- Cliff Greenberg, co-Chief Investment Officer and portfolio manager of Baron Small Cap Fund ®
- Andrew Peck, co-Chief Investment Officer and portfolio manager of Baron Asset Fund
- David Baron, co-portfolio manager of Baron Focused Growth Fund ®
- Michael Baron, co-portfolio manager of Baron Partners Fund and Baron WealthBuilder Fund ®
- Laird Bieger, portfolio manager of Baron Discovery Fund ®
- Randy Gwirtzman, portfolio manager of Baron Discovery Fund ®
- Michael Kass, portfolio manager of Baron International Growth Fund ® and Baron Emerging Markets Fund ® and co-portfolio manager of Baron New Asia Fund ®
- Neal Kaufman, portfolio manager of Baron Health Care Fund ®
- Jeff Kolitch, portfolio manager of Baron Real Estate Fund ® and Baron Real Estate Income Fund ®
- Mike Lippert, Head of Technology Research, portfolio manager of Baron Opportunity Fund ®, and co-portfolio manager of Baron Technology Fund ®
- Neal Rosenberg, co-portfolio manager of Baron Growth Fund ®
- Josh Saltman, portfolio manager of Baron FinTech Fund ®
- Alex Umansky, portfolio manager of Baron Fifth Avenue Growth Fund ®, Baron Global Advantage Fund ®, and Baron Durable Advantage Fund ®
- Anuj Aggarwal, co-portfolio manager of Baron New Asia Fund ®
- Ashim Mehra, co-portfolio manager of Baron Technology Fund ®
- Amy Chasen, Director of Research
- James Stone, Director of ESG Research
About Baron Capital
Baron Capital is a premier asset management firm focused on delivering growth equity investment solutions to institutions, financial professionals, and retail investors.
Founded in 1982, we started managing assets in 1983 and currently have approximately $40 billion in assets under management as of October 31, 2023.
We offer 19 strategies, available as no-load mutual funds, separate accounts, sub- advisory services, collective investment trusts, and UCITs and other offshore vehicles. Our mutual funds include: Baron Asset Fund ® (BARAX, BARIX), Baron Growth Fund ® (BGRFX, BGRIX), Baron Small Cap Fund ® (BSCFX, BSFIX), Baron Opportunity Fund ® (BIOPX, BIOIX), Baron Fifth Avenue Growth Fund ® (BFTHX, BFTIX), Baron Partners Fund ® (BPTRX, BPTIX), Baron Focused Growth Fund ® (BFGFX, BFGIX), Baron Discovery Fund ® (BDFFX, BDFIX), Baron International Growth Fund ® (BIGFX, BINIX), Baron Emerging Markets Fund ® (BEXFX, BEXIX), Baron Global Advantage Fund ® (BGAFX, BGAIX), Baron Real Estate Fund ® (BREFX, BREIX), Baron Health Care Fund ® (BHCFX, BHCHX), Baron Real Estate Income Fund ® (BRIFX, BRIIX), Baron WealthBuilder Fund ® (BWBFX, BWBIX), Baron Durable Advantage Fund ® (BDAFX, BDAIX), Baron New Asia Fund ® (BNAFX, BNAIX), Baron FinTech Fund ® (BFINX, BFIIX), and Baron Technology Fund ® (BTEEX, BTECX). More information about Baron Funds is available by calling (800) 99-BARON or by visiting www.baronfunds.com.
Investors should consider the investment objectives, risk, and charges and expenses of the investment carefully before investing. Baron Funds are described in prospectuses that contain this and other information about the Funds. You should carefully read the prospectus before investing. You can read, print, or download a prospectus at www.BaronFunds.com. Or call (800) 99-BARON to receive a prospectus in the mail.