BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Global technology innovator Teracloud ApS, which develops tools and apps for industries from power generation to mission-critical operating systems, today announced the opening of its office in Athens. The company currently has development offices in the United States, Australia, Denmark, Sweden, and Germany, with more countries planned in the upcoming years. Open positions that Teracloud is looking to fill can be found at https://teracloud.com/careers.
“Greece is the perfect location for the next phase of our global expansion because of its exceptionally skilled workforce with deep expertise in engineering, technology, and sciences that give us the opportunity to expand our R&D capabilities,” says Vadim Ilves, Chief R&D Officer at Teracloud. “We are building a state-of-the-art lab in Athens and are looking forward to expanding our team by hiring seasoned developers and graduates of Greek universities and research institutes, which are some of the best in Europe.”
Nikos Larisis, Teracloud Country Manager for Greece, says, “We're going to get involved in some very interesting projects and staffing up to around 40 people by 2025. What is most exciting about our new Greek office is our inclusive and innovative start-up mindset. In the Greek market, people are used to hierarchies, but we are going to swim against the tide and create a flatter structure. Everyone at Teracloud is treated as an equal, and everyone coming in feels like a valuable team member.”
Current Teracloud projects include:
x86-64 and z/Architecture enterprise-level operating systems and their ecosystems. These include:
- Ports of the most popular open-source applications, such as Samba, OpenSSH, OpenSSL, Apache HTTP Server, and many more.
- System tools, including backup solutions, performance, and health monitoring software.
- Compilers for the most popular programming languages: C, C++, BASIC, COBOL, FORTRAN, Java, and Python.
- Comprehensive development tools, such as modern IDEs, debuggers, performance analyzers, and industry-standard build tools.
- A real-time streaming analytics platform capable of ingesting, analyzing, and correlating extremely high volumes of real-time data from diverse sources. It seamlessly integrates with prominent data infrastructures like Hadoop and Spark.
- AI-powered capacity planning and resiliency management solutions for IBM mainframes, curating comprehensive IT utilization data and providing actionable reports with forecasting and modeling capabilities.
Teracloud is a multinational IT corporation that provides a wide range of R&D services to its partners and subsidiaries. Teracloud is responsible for a wide range of product lines, including operating systems, real-time data analytics platforms, enterprise-level operating systems, compilers and development tools, capacity planning and resiliency management software, and more. For more information, visit https://teracloud.com/.