PHILADELPHIA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Xumo, a joint venture between Comcast and Charter formed to deliver the next generation of video entertainment, today announced Mediacom Communications, the nation’s fifth largest cable operator, will begin offering Xumo Stream Box to its Xtream Internet customers in the coming months. Joining Charter’s Spectrum and Comcast’s Xfinity, Mediacom will be the third U.S.-based operator to offer Xumo Stream Box to its customers.
"Mediacom’s decision to partner with Xumo further validates the unique value proposition we can offer to operators looking to maintain an entertainment-centric relationship with customers as they migrate to streaming video,” said Michael Gatzke, Senior Vice President, Affiliate Development, Xumo. “By partnering with Xumo, Mediacom can offer its broadband customers a great 4K streaming device with award-winning voice navigation so they can stream more, easily finding what they want to watch.”
Mediacom will offer Xumo Stream Box to Xtream Internet customers seeking a wide array of free ad supported television (FAST) programming combined with easy access to popular streaming platforms.
“Through our partnership with Xumo, we will be able to significantly enhance the value of our broadband services by combining our market leading-speeds with a new world-class streaming experience,” said Tapan Dandnaik, Mediacom’s SVP of Operations, Product Strategy and Consumer Experience. “Xumo Stream Box is incredibly versatile and consumer-friendly, and we are excited to be among the first companies to bring this cutting-edge device to market.”
Xumo Stream Box will make it simple for Mediacom Xtream Internet customers to quickly jump into their favorite live or on-demand streaming content and will also enable seamless discovery of new programming through an integrated, content-forward interface and voice remote.
- Leading with live: Upon startup, Xtream Internet customers will see live video from Xumo Play, the device’s primary video service app. Additionally, the built-in channel guide makes browsing through Xumo Play’s 300+ channels a seamless part of the experience.
- Hundreds of built-in apps: Xumo Stream Box comes with the ability to access hundreds of subscription-based and ad-supported streaming apps, including Apple TV+, Disney+, Hulu, Max, Netflix, Peacock, Pluto, Prime Video, Tubi, Xumo Play and more.
- Seamless browsing: A curated, content-forward viewing experience that blends AI-driven personalization and human-led editorial recommendations to help customers find something to watch without having to jump in and out of apps.
- Universal voice search: Emmy-award winning voice technology allows customers to discover content quickly from available apps and services with a simple voice command into the remote.
- Favorite lists for every member of the household: With My List, customers can create multiple lists of their favorite shows and movies – regardless of where that content resides or how it’s delivered (live or on-demand) – giving every member of the family a personalized destination to quickly jump into what they want to watch next.
Xumo Stream Box is the latest device powered by Comcast’s EntertainmentOS, a new entertainment experience that makes finding content, regardless of where it resides, simple and easy. Entertainment OS is the culmination of decades of content aggregation experience across Comcast, combining the innovative UI technology of Sky Glass and the search and discovery features inherent to platforms like Xfinity X1 and Xfinity Flex.
Xumo, a joint venture between Comcast and Charter, was formed to develop and offer a next-generation streaming platform for the entire entertainment industry. The joint venture consists of three primary lines of business: Xumo devices, Xumo Play, and Xumo Enterprise.
Powered by Comcast’s global technology platform, Xumo devices feature a world-class user interface that includes universal voice search capabilities, making it easy for consumers to find and enjoy their favorite streaming content. Xumo Play is a free ad-supported streaming TV (FAST) service with hundreds of ad-supported linear channels and on-demand options that anchors the free content offering on Xumo devices and is also available as an app on other major streaming platforms. Xumo Enterprise is the business-to-business arm of the joint venture, providing content makers, distributors and advertisers with tools and services to make FAST content more accessible.
Mediacom Communications Corporation is the 5th largest cable operator in the United States and the leading gigabit broadband provider to smaller markets primarily in the Midwest and Southeast. Through its fiber-rich network, Mediacom provides high-speed data, video and phone services to 1.4 million households and businesses across 22 states. The company delivers scalable broadband solutions to commercial and public-sector customers of all sizes through Mediacom Business and sells advertising and production services under the OnMedia brand. More information about Mediacom is available at mediacomcable.com.