LEXINGTON, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--VulnCheck, the exploit intelligence company, today announced five additions to its executive leadership team: Ralph Logan, Chief Strategy Officer; Jacob Baines, Chief Technology Officer; Thomas Bain, Chief Marketing Officer; David Munson, Vice President of Engineering; and Jay Wallace, Vice President of Sales. The senior cybersecurity experts join VulnCheck at a time of rapid growth and will help the company meet the growing demand for vulnerability, threat, and exploit intelligence.
“From the start, we’ve experienced explosive growth with our cyber threat intelligence services,” said Anthony Bettini, founder and CEO, VulnCheck. “The new executive team has the right expertise, network, and cyber background to support the demand and help take VulnCheck to the next level. I look forward to what we can achieve together.”
The executive hires come on the heels of the company’s $3.2 million seed funding round earlier this year, which it earmarked for hiring and product development. The strategic additions to the leadership team bring decades of experience building, scaling, and marketing world-class cybersecurity organizations and products:
- Ralph Logan, Chief Strategy Officer: Ralph will help shape VulnCheck’s overall strategy and operational approach to growing the business. He brings nearly 25 years of experience in cybersecurity technology, operations, strategy, and product. Most recently, Ralph was the chief strategy officer at bracket F, a cloud and cybersecurity technology company. Prior to bracket F, he was the chief product officer at [redacted] and founder and CEO of The Logan Group, a cybersecurity services firm.
- Jacob Baines, Chief Technology Officer: Jacob was promoted to this newly created position and he will lead the overall technology and research strategy at VulnCheck. He was previously the lead vulnerability researcher at the company. Before VulnCheck, Jacob held multiple vulnerability research, exploit development, and detection lead roles at Rapid7, Dragos, Dark Wolf, and Tenable.
- Thomas Bain, Chief Marketing Officer: Thomas will tap his more than 18 years of go-to-market, brand, and communications experience to lead the company’s global marketing function. He is the former Executive Vice President of Marketing at Finite State and has held several senior marketing roles at cybersecurity startups, including Cyware, RiskRecon, GoSecure, Morphisec, and more.
- David Munson, Vice President, Engineering: David will lead the engineering team at VulnCheck and continue to build on the company’s market-changing technology. Previously, he was the Vice President of engineering for [redacted], a cybersecurity services firm, where he built a serverless cloud security platform. He has also held multiple technology roles, including Security Analyst with ISO New England and DevSecOps Engineer with Logan Haile, LP.
- Jay Wallace, Vice President, Sales: Jay will lead sales for new and existing customer growth in response to the overwhelming demand for VulnCheck's vulnerability, threat, and exploit intelligence. With his proven track record scaling innovative cyber security companies such as runZero, Sqreen, and Duo Security, he brings a wealth of expertise to lead the company's sales and growth strategy.
“VulnCheck is redefining how the entire cybersecurity industry thinks about vulnerability management,” said Tony Spinelli, venture partner, Sorenson Ventures. “And the strategic additions to the management team couldn’t come at a better time. Together, these cyber leaders have the right blend of expertise to help the company reach its next phase of hypergrowth.”
Today, VulnCheck helps large enterprises, government agencies and cybersecurity solution providers outpace adversaries by providing the most comprehensive, real-time vulnerability intelligence autonomously correlated with unique, proprietary exploit and threat intelligence.
To learn more about VulnCheck, its leadership and cyber threat intelligence services, visit https://vulncheck.com/.
VulnCheck is the exploit intelligence company helping enterprises, government organizations, and cybersecurity vendors solve the vulnerability prioritization challenge. Trusted by some of the world's largest organizations responsible for protecting hundreds of millions of systems and people, VulnCheck helps organizations outpace adversaries by providing the most comprehensive, real-time vulnerability intelligence that is autonomously correlated with unique, proprietary exploit and threat intelligence. Follow the company on LinkedIn, Mastodon, or X. To learn more about VulnCheck, visit https://vulncheck.com/.