VAUGHAN, Ontario--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Bausch + Lomb Corporation (NYSE/TSX: BLCO), a leading global eye health company dedicated to helping people see better to live better, today announced 13 podium and poster presentations during the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS) annual meeting, which will take place in Vienna Sept. 8-12, 2023.
The presentations will include:
- A three-year analysis of the superonasal minimally invasive micro sclerostomy (MIMS) surgical treatment for open angle glaucoma*
- Interim results of surgical procedures that used MINT™ (Minimally Invasive Nasal Trabeculostomy) in open angle glaucoma patients
- An evaluation of visual outcomes in patients with complex corneas who were implanted with the IC-8 Apthera intraocular lens (IOL)
- Clinical outcomes of the LuxSmart™ toric IOL
- Safety and performance results of the enVista® ENVY, an investigational premium IOL
- Refractive outcomes of a low 0.90 diameter cylinder for the investigational enVista Toric IOL.
Bausch + Lomb will also host several educational and networking events during the meeting. Educational events will include a MIMS masterclass and a panel of distinguished physicians who will provide insights from their firsthand clinical experience using the company’s newly launched SeeLuma Fully Digital Surgical Visualization Platform. Other presentations featuring the company’s latest surgical technology will take place in the Bausch + Lomb booth, and Bausch + Lomb will host a Lift Off Celebration event to mark its 170th anniversary.
Following is the list of key scientific podium and e-poster presentations, as well as details for the featured educational events:
- “Evaluating the Range of Vision with a Small Aperture IOL in Patients Previously Treated with a Monofocal IOL in the Other Eye.” S. Bafna et al.
- “Evaluation of the Safety and Performance of a Novel One-Piece Hydrophobic Acrylic Trifocal Intraocular Lens: Results from a Prospective, Multicentre Clinical Trial.” P. Harasymowycz et al.
- “Evaluation of Visual Outcomes in Patients with Complex Corneas Implanted with the IC-8 IOL.” J. Mehta et al.
- “Prospective Study of Small Aperture IOL Implantation in Eyes with Previous Refractive Procedures.” R.E. Ang et al.
- “Clinical Outcomes After Bilateral Implantation of The Enhanced Depth of Focus LuxSmart Intraocular Lenses.” W. Lubiński et al
- “Clinical Outcomes of a Toric Extended Range of Vision Intraocular Lens Based on the Combination of Fourth- and Sixth-Order Spherical.” R. Ruiz-Mesa et al.
- “Comparison of Two Extended Range of Focus Intraocular Lenses: Vivity Vs. Luxsmart.” J. Hugues et al.
- “Retinal Visualization in a Small Aperture IOL Treated Eyes.” M. Blecher et al.
- “Visual Performance of Ultra-Low Cylinder Powered (0,90) Toric IOL Compared to Non-Toric.” A. Muzychuk et al.
- “Minimally Invasive Micro Sclerostomy: 3 Years Follow Ups.” L. Voskanyan et al.
- “Trabeculostomy as a New Effective Surgery for Glaucoma.” L. Voskanyan et al.
- “Acufocus IC-8 Implantation During Cataract Surgery in Irregular Corneas.” C. Hubert et al
- “Visual Outcomes Following Implantation of Small Aperture Intraocular Lens in Patients with Irregular Corneas.” U. Bhatt
Featured Educational Events
Friday, September 8
5:30-7:30 p.m. CEST at Palais Palffy, Josefsplatz 6, Vienna
Professor Anselm Jünemann, Dr. Imran Masood, Professor Luis Pablo and Dr. Lilit Voskanyan will present their experiences with the MIMS surgical treatment for open angle glaucoma.
Saturday, September 9
“New Dimensions in Visualization: Changing the Way You Look & Your Patients See”
1:00-2:00 p.m. CEST at Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Centre, Room A7, Vienna
Professor Burkhard Dick will lead an engaging conversation with an international panel of surgeons, including Drs. Robert Ang, Alain Saad and Adam Muzychuk, who will share their surgical experiences using the IC-8 Apthera IOL, SeeLuma Fully Digital Visualization Platform and Stellaris Elite™ Phacoemulsification System, respectively.
Saturday, September 9 and Sunday, September 10
"Meet the Expert”
9:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. CEST at Messe Wien Exhibition & Congress Centre, booth #B203, Vienna
Surgeons will share their surgical experiences using the LuxSmart™ IOL, IC-8 Apthera IOL, SeeLuma Fully Digital Visualization Platform, Stellaris Elite and the refractive SUPRACOR™ and transepi PRK procedures.
Sunday, September 10
“Lift Off Celebration”
6:30-10:30 p.m. CEST at Palais Ferstel, Strauchgasse 4, Vienna
ESCRS attendees are invited to celebrate Bausch + Lomb’s 170th anniversary.
For more information, visit https://events.bauschsurgical.eu/escrs/.
About Bausch + Lomb
Bausch + Lomb is dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world – from the moment of birth through every phase of life. Its comprehensive portfolio of more than 400 products includes contact lenses, lens care products, eye care products, ophthalmic pharmaceuticals, over-the-counter products and ophthalmic surgical devices and instruments. Founded in 1853, Bausch + Lomb has a significant global research and development, manufacturing and commercial footprint with approximately 13,000 employees and a presence in nearly 100 countries. Bausch + Lomb is headquartered in Vaughan, Ontario with corporate offices in Bridgewater, New Jersey. For more information, visit www.bausch.com and connect with us on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.
This news release may contain forward-looking statements, which may generally be identified by the use of the words “anticipates,” “hopes,” “expects,” “intends,” “plans,” “should,” “could,” “would,” “may,” “believes,” “estimates,” “potential,” “target,” or “continue” and variations or similar expressions. These statements are based upon the current expectations and beliefs of management and are subject to certain risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in the forward-looking statements. These risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, the risks and uncertainties discussed in Bausch + Lomb’s filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission and the Canadian Securities Administrators, which factors are incorporated herein by reference. Readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any of these forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements speak only as of the date hereof. Bausch + Lomb undertakes no obligation to update any of these forward-looking statements to reflect events or circumstances after the date of this news release or to reflect actual outcomes, unless required by law.
*Bausch + Lomb exclusively distributes MIMS in Europe through a strategic agreement with Sanoculis.
© 2023 Bausch + Lomb.