JACKSON, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Since 1974, Six Flags Great Adventure & Wild Safari has been providing ultimate thrills and family entertainment to guests from around the world. In 2024, the property will celebrate 50 years of family fun and thrills with a first-of-its-kind new family roller coaster, a luxury camping experience and off-road adventure within the Wild Safari, and 50th anniversary celebrations.
“With our largest park investment in almost two decades, we are excited to offer guests of all ages compelling new experiences that make Six Flags Great Adventure the most popular theme park experience in the Northeast during our 50th Anniversary Celebration. In 2024, we will debut our 15th roller coaster, the first-of-its-kind in the Western Hemisphere; and the most unique overnight experience in the country within our 350-acre safari,” said Park President Brian Bacica.
With innovation in its DNA, Six Flags Great Adventure continues to excite thrill seekers of all ages in 2024. Highlights of new additions include:
- THE FLASH™: Vertical Velocity – Presented in partnership with Warner Bros. Discovery Global Themed Entertainment and DC, the first super boomerang coaster to open in North America rushes forward and backward at nearly 60 miles per hour through a 180-degree twisted drop and zero-G roll. In a flash, it changes direction and speeds off again, backward;
- Luxury Safari Experience – An authentic African lodging experience at the NEW Savannah Sunset Resort & Spa set within the expansive 350-acre Wild Safari Park. Overnight guests will enjoy ultra-luxurious “glamping” accommodations, scenic vistas, spa services and VIP dining, all creating an unforgettable safari getaway;
- Safari Off-Road Adventure Returns – The Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure will close this Fall and reopen in 2024 as the Safari Off-Road Adventure giving guests a guided tour offering a more personalized experience through our 350-acre safari. Guests can board safari off-road vehicles in two locations, Frontier Adventures within the theme park or at the main Wild Safari entrance;
- Guests Become a Part of the Adventure– Leading up to the 50th Anniversary Celebration, guests will be invited to become part of the adventure with the purchase of an anniversary brick and keepsake. These bricks will adorn a new pathway located at the theme park’s original entrance;
- Nostalgic Enhancements– Six Flags Great Adventure will add nostalgic elements that give a nod to the park’s history including an upgrade for two original park favorites, the Log Flume and iconic Big Wheel;
Six Flags Great Adventure is also announcing the Biggest Sale of the Year, featuring discounts of up to 70% on season passes, tickets, and more, available now through September 5. What sets this offer apart is that not only can park visitors enjoy the new 2024 experiences with their season passes, they can also receive admission throughout the remainder of 2023 including access to the highly popular Six Flags Fright Fest.
About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 27 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For nearly 62 years, Six Flags has entertained hundreds of millions of guests with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling water parks and unique attractions. Six Flags is committed to creating an inclusive environment that fully embraces the diversity of our team members and guests. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
About Six Flags Great Adventure, Wild Safari and Hurricane Harbor
Six Flags Great Adventure is the World’s Largest Thrill Park with world-class, award-winning rides like Kingda Ka, Nitro, and Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom. The park offers two areas just for the littlest guests and great family rides for the whole family, plus entertainment, shopping, and a wide variety of dining options. Its Wild Safari Drive-Thru Adventure is one of the largest self-guided drive-through safaris outside of Africa and gets guests up-close to more than 1,200 animals from around the globe in the privacy of their own vehicles. Six Flags Hurricane Harbor is one of the Northeast’s largest water parks with more than 25 refreshing attractions for the whole family. www.sixflags.com/greatadventure
Warner Bros. Discovery Global Themed Entertainment (WBDGTE), part of Warner Bros. Discovery Global Brands, Franchises, and Experiences, is a worldwide leader in the creation, development, and licensing of location-based entertainment, live events, exhibits, and theme park experiences based on the biggest franchises, stories and characters from Warner Bros.’ film, television, animation, and games studios, HBO, Discovery, DC, Cartoon Network and more. WBDGTE is home to the groundbreaking locations of The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal theme parks around the world, Warner Bros. World Abu Dhabi, The WB Abu Dhabi, The FRIENDS Experience, The Game of Thrones Studio Tour and countless other experiences inspired by the Wizarding World, DC, Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, Game of Thrones, FRIENDS and more. With best-in-class partners, WBDGTE allows fans around the world to physically immerse themselves inside their favorite brands and franchises.
DC, part of Warner Bros. Discovery, creates iconic characters and enduring stories and is one of the world’s largest publishers of comics and graphic novels. DC’s creative work entertains audiences of every generation around the world with DC’s stories and characters integrated across Warner Bros. Discovery’s film, television, animation, consumer products, home entertainment, games, and themed experiences divisions, and on the DC Universe Infinite digital comic subscription service. Learn more at DC.com.
All DC characters and elements © & ™ DC Comics. (s23)