DEARBORN, Mich.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today Ford Pro, the commercial division within Ford Motor Company, revealed new charging hardware added to its suite of end-to-end solutions to help make it easier for commercial customers to transition their fleets to electric.
The new Series 2 AC Charging Station 80 amp and expanded DC Fast Charger options are designed for commercial vehicle use and packed with new features. Coupled with Ford Pro’s charging management software, the company provides a fully integrated solution that simplifies EV charging for both Ford and non-Ford electric vehicles.
“We’re committed to helping businesses make the transition to electric easy with a single-minded focus on curated commercial charging solutions,” said Ted Cannis, Ford Pro CEO. “With our tailored EV consulting and portfolio of charging hardware and software solutions, we can design, implement and operate solutions for Ford and other brands that will last for many years to come. And we are not afraid to tell customers when electrification is not yet a good fit and support them with other solutions.”
Ford Pro’s BEV Fit team offers available complimentary consulting to customers to help identify available incentives, consult on charging site design and construction, and collaborate with local utilities on energy needs.
Now available for pre-order, the Series 2 AC Charging Station 80 amp comes with features that simplify and help improve the charging experience at the workplace for fleet operators and their drivers including:
- Enhanced security with RFID that limits unwanted charger access. Fleet operators can issue a unique Ford Pro RFID card1 to control access to chargers enabling charging sessions to be limited to specific individuals or vehicles, by specifying day and times for access. The new RFID software also supports Ford and non-Ford vehicles unlocking the ability for fleet operators to track energy reports through Ford Pro’s charging management software.
- Improved detachable cable and connector reduces time and expense of charger repairs avoiding replacement of the entire charging station if a cable or connector is damaged.
- Wide range of connectivity options with cellular pre-configured and optional Wi-Fi and Ethernet connectivity for locations with restricted cellular coverage.
- The new Series 2 AC Charging Station 80 Amp will be ISO-15118 ready and equipped to enable future functionality over the air such as advanced vehicle to charger communications that can identify and log when a specific vehicle connects. Ford Pro designed the new hardware to be ready for the future, so customers are better prepared for new electric vehicles and capabilities to come.
- New LCD screen on the Series 2 charger displays step-by-step instructions to initiate charging and important information including charge duration, fault alerts, energy usage, and more.
- Temperature sensors to monitor and alert for overheating by derating the charger automatically.
- Extended operating temperature range of -40C (-40F) to 50C (122F) and operating altitude of up to 3500m to serve the needs of customers in more places.
- The new Ford Pro charging hardware is backed by a 3-year warranty on charger parts and labor and continues to provide around-the-clock tech support to help increase uptime and productivity for customers.
- Ford Pro Telematics, chargers, software and service work seamlessly to provide fleet operators and managers with a single solution to monitor their vehicle network 24/7.
For more information about Ford Pro Charging solutions, visit https://www.fordpro.com/en-us/charging/.
Ford Pro is also revealing extended DC Fast Charger options in 180kW and 240kW giving fleet operators and their drivers more versatility at their workplace with more power and shortened charge times. Aluminum pedestals feature an improved cable retractor and a sleeker look. The new Ford Pro DC Fast Chargers are available for pre-order now at ford.to/Series2ChargerPreorder.
Ford Pro Chargers work with Ford Pro’s smart charging software to help ensure vehicles are charged when customers need them. The integrated software and hardware solution helps fleet managers optimize how, when and where EVs are charged along with utility reimbursement reporting, important for home-based drivers.
Using Ford Pro Charging solutions can also allow customers to charge more vehicles at a given time. Customers can deploy more EVs without necessarily needing to wait for an infrastructure upgrade. The software also tracks performance and provides fleet managers with insights like kWh consumption, charge speed and distance to empty, and helps optimize total cost of ownership.
Businesses can also help lower their total cost of ownership through understanding the various incentives available to them. To help ease confusion, Ford Pro has compiled commercial incentives to make it easy to find available tax credits on EV, charging equipment and charging installation costs at https://www.fordpro.com/en-us/incentives/. The company also launched a program with professional services firm Ernst & Young LLP (EY US) to help give customers no-cost information to learn about IRA tax credits for which they may qualify. Available incentives include:
- Up to a 30% federal tax credit on charging and installation costs2
- Up to $7,500 back on each new qualified EV purchased in 20232
- Hundreds of federal, state, and local EV incentives and rebates2
Ford Pro delivers an always-on, connected customer experience through a comprehensive solution of vehicles, charging, software, financing and service for all commercial and government customers. Ford Pro has nearly 125,000 fleet customers across the U.S. and 140,000 across Europe.
Ford is the leading global commercial vehicle brand and America’s best-selling line of commercial vehicles for 38 consecutive years3, featuring BUILT FORD TOUGH® commercial trucks and vans integrated with software and services such as Ford Pro™ Telematics. With more than 3,000 physical authorized service locations, Ford has an impressive support/service network among commercial vehicle manufacturers.
1RFID cards sold separately.
2Please consult with your own tax or legal professional to determine eligibility, specific amount of incentives or rebates available. The federal tax credit is a potential future tax savings. The amount of your tax savings will depend on your individual tax circumstances. Incentives and additional rebates are not within Ford’s control. This information does not constitute tax or legal advice. For additional information, go to https://www.afdc.energy.gov/laws/409.
3Based on S&P Global Mobility CY1985-2022 U.S. TIPNet registrations excluding registrations to individuals. TIP registrations prior to 2010 do not include all GVW 1 and 2 vehicles.
About Ford Motor Company
Ford Motor Company (NYSE: F) is a global company based in Dearborn, Michigan, committed to helping build a better world, where every person is free to move and pursue their dreams. The company’s Ford+ plan for growth and value creation combines existing strengths, new capabilities and always-on relationships with customers to enrich experiences for customers and deepen their loyalty. Ford develops and delivers innovative, must-have Ford trucks, sport utility vehicles, commercial vans and cars and Lincoln luxury vehicles, along with connected services. The company does that through three customer-centered business segments: Ford Blue, engineering iconic gas-powered and hybrid vehicles; Ford Model e, inventing breakthrough EVs along with embedded software that defines always-on digital experiences for all customers; and Ford Pro, helping commercial customers transform and expand their businesses with vehicles and services tailored to their needs. Additionally, Ford is pursuing mobility solutions through Ford Next, and provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company. Ford employs about 173,000 people worldwide. More information about the company and its products and services is available at corporate.ford.com.
For news releases, related materials and high-resolution photos and video, visit www.media.ford.com.