PITTSBURGH--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Liberty Tire Recycling, the premier North American provider of tire recycling services, has released its 2022 environmental, social, and governance (ESG) report, announcing a goal of zero waste by 2030 and describing company initiatives to advance sustainable products, accelerate environmental stewardship, and engage people and communities in the locations it serves.
“At Liberty Tire, we recognize that the pursuit of zero waste is not just an aspiration; it is a responsibility we owe to our planet and future generations,” said Liberty Tire Recycling CEO Thomas Womble. “We’re eager to collaborate with our customers and industry partners to expand existing markets and identify new opportunities in pursuit of this goal.”
Among other highlights in the 2022 report, it includes that Liberty Tire Recycling:
- Collected more than 195 million tires across the U.S. and Canada, creating 4.3 billion pounds of rubber available for beneficial end-uses.
- Avoided over 750,000 Metric Tons CO2e through the use and application of its recycled products.
- Decreased annual OSHA recordables by 58% and Lost Time injuries by 85% since 2010.
- Removed more than 371,000 pounds from its waste stream by recycling super sacks into a composite lumber product.
- Reduced fleet mileage by over 161,000 miles through route optimization in the Texas market.
- Converted more than 320,000 square feet to LED lighting which reduced lighting consumption by 67%.
“As we continue to evolve and strive for excellence, we invite all our stakeholders to join us on this transformative journey,” said Amy Brackin, Liberty Tire Recycling Senior Vice President of Sustainability. “Together, we can build a future where end-of-life tires are no longer considered waste, resources are conserved, and the planet thrives.”
Liberty Tire’s 2022 ESG report is available at https://libertytire.com/content/documents/Sustainability/Liberty_Tire_Recycling_2022_ESG_Report.pdf
Liberty Tire Recycling is committed to partnering with industry leaders to help inspire a more sustainable planet. We are continuously striving to find new and better ways to reclaim, recycle, reuse and repurpose the more than 194 million end-of-life tires we collect for renewable solutions that benefit the long-term health of the world we live in. As the market leader in tire recycling management in North America, reclaiming more than 3 billion pounds of rubber each year, our passion is to make the world a better place to live for generations to come by boldly changing the way the industry approaches sustainability.