CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--William Blair, the premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management, is thrilled to announce its outstanding performance in the 2023 Coalition Greenwich annual Voice of the Client study of North American Equity Investors. The firm secured 15 No. 1 rankings across equity sales, corporate access, and research, including its first ever top ranking in lead firm relationships for research/advisory, solidifying its position as a leading player among U.S. equity small- and mid-cap funds.
"We are ecstatic to be recognized as an industry leader in so many categories," said Scott McLaughlin, head of equities for William Blair. "The results exemplify our team's dedication to excellence and our commitment to delivering top-notch service and research-driven insights for our clients."
William Blair achieved the prestigious No. 1 ranking in the following categories:
- Lead Firm Relationships for U.S. Small/Mid-Cap Equity Research/Advisory
- Best Coordinated Access to Analysts
- Best Tailored Research Call and Service
- Equity Sales and Corporate Access Quality
- Capability of Sales Professional
- Most Intense Sales Coverage
- Equity Sales Coverage in Healthcare
- Equity Sales Coverage in Technology
- Equity Sales Coverage in Consumer
- Best Information & Insights Generating Alpha
- Best Thematic Research
- Quality of Equity Analyst Service
- Equity Research Coverage of Internet Services & Infrastructure
- Equity Research Coverage of IT – Application Software
- Lead Firm Relationships for U.S. Small/Mid-Cap Equity Corporate Access
Beyond the No. 1 rankings, the firm was recognized as No. 2 for Most Useful Conferences/Industry Seminars (Corporate Access) and ranked No. 3 in Most Intense Coverage (Research), Most Knowledgeable of Companies & Industries (Research), Product & Analyst Service Quality (Research) and Overall U.S. Small/Mid-Cap Equity Corporate Access Relationships (Corporate Access).
In addition, an impressive 65% of clients surveyed, who rated William Blair’s Capability of U.S. Small/Mid-Cap Equity Sales, rated their sales coverage as “excellent,” showcasing the firm's dedication to client engagement.
"This comprehensive recognition further motivates us to continuously improve and exceed our clients' expectations," added McLaughlin.
About Coalition Greenwich
Coalition Greenwich is the leading global provider of data, analytics, and insights to the financial services industry.
About William Blair
William Blair is the premier global boutique with expertise in investment banking, investment management, and private wealth management. We provide advisory services, strategies, and solutions to meet our clients' evolving needs. As an independent and employee-owned firm, together with our strategic partners, we operate in more than 20 offices worldwide.*
*Includes strategic partnerships with Allier Capital, BDA Partners, and Poalim Capital Markets.