NASHVILLE, Tenn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--HireRight Holdings Corporation (NYSE: HRT), a leading provider of global background screening services and workforce solutions, today announced the publication of its latest Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) report. The document provides insight into life at HireRight through its compliance, values, and ethics practices. Additionally, it details progress in key sustainability areas, highlights continuous improvements in diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives, and discusses HireRight’s corporate governance structure.
“I am excited to share the vital work we’ve been undertaking to accomplish HireRight’s important ESG goals,” said Steve Girdler, Global Managing Director and Head of Corporate Responsibility at HireRight. “In 2023, we calculated our initial greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions and are in the process of setting our science-based targets to further improve performance. These efforts establish our commitment to achieving net zero carbon emissions—and supporting our customers, employees, and investors in achieving their own sustainability goals.”
Key highlights from HireRight’s ESG Report include:
- Climate change: HireRight is committed to addressing climate change and is in the process of setting its science-based targets and signing onto the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi), to target and reduce carbon emissions by 2050, as outlined in the United Nations 2019 Paris Agreement.
- Environmental impact: HireRight discloses its environmental impact through globally recognized bodies, CDP and Ecovadis. In 2023, HireRight recorded its GHG emissions in category Scope 1, 2, and 3, revealing low fossil fuel consumption—around 1% of the company’s carbon footprint.
- Diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI): HireRight has partnered with a third-party consultant to completely review its policies and set the vision for its future. Additionally, the company has doubled its number of employee affinity groups from three to six, identifying the communities that are important to its team members.
- Volunteering and philanthropy: Each HireRight office is supported by a culture club of team member volunteers who coordinate office-wide events, volunteer activities, and celebrations. In 2023, HireRight’s culture clubs will be launching several employee initiatives to help support local communities.
- Learning and development: HireRight is committed to providing its team members with opportunities to grow personally and professionally throughout their careers at the company. In 2022, HireRight team members increased their learning hours by 48% compared with 2021.
- Information security compliance: HireRight undertakes three primary sets of information security standards: ISO27001: 2013 (services provided in EMEA and APAC), SOC2 Type II (services provided in North America), and Cyber Essentials (services provided in the UK).
- Policies: HireRight has several standalone policies including a Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, Corporate Governance Guidelines, Related Persons Transaction Policy, Insider Trading Policy, Anti-Corruption Policy, Environmental Policy, Health and Safety Policy, and Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking Policy.
- Employee training: All employees undergo training (regarding compliance, fraud, and ethics) upon hire and annually thereafter, including, but not limited to, workplace harassment, anti-bias, whistleblower and anti-fraud training, global privacy compliance training (including GDPR and FCRA), anti-bribery and Foreign Corrupt Practices Act training, and information security training. In 2022, HireRight employees took over 6,000 hours of compliance training with rigorous testing and a final exam.
To find out more, download the report from https://ir.hireright.com/company-information/esg.
HireRight is a leading global provider of technology-driven workforce risk management and compliance solutions. We provide comprehensive background screening, verification, identification, monitoring, and drug and health screening services for approximately 37,000 customers across the globe. We offer our services via a unified global software and data platform that tightly integrates into our customers’ human capital management systems enabling highly effective and efficient workflows for workforce hiring, onboarding, and monitoring. In 2022, we screened over 24 million job applicants, employees and contractors for our customers and processed over 107 million screens. For more information, visit www.HireRight.com