SUNNYVALE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Rafay Systems today announced the availability of its Kubernetes Operations Platform (KOP) in the Red Hat Ecosystem Catalog, an open cloud catalog that makes it easy to find and deploy Red Hat-certified software for container-based environments. Enterprises using Red Hat OpenShift in data centers or in the cloud, or those operating a combination of Red Hat OpenShift and managed Kubernetes services, e.g., Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (Amazon EKS), Microsoft Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS) and Google Kubernetes Engine (GKE), can consume Rafay’s SaaS offering to standardize Kubernetes configuration and policies across all clusters. Customers can also leverage Rafay to centrally and easily standardize multi-tenancy models across Red Hat OpenShift and EKS/AKS/GKE, along with more secure access for developers across clouds and data centers. Enterprises using Red Hat OpenShift Service on AWS or Microsoft Azure Red Hat OpenShift can also leverage Rafay capabilities for centralized management and control through a single pane of glass.
The Red Hat Ecosystem Catalog is the official source for discovering certified, enterprise-grade products that enterprises can leverage to achieve their business outcomes. It makes it easier for enterprises to explore and find certified products from Red Hat’s ecosystem of enterprise hardware, software and cloud and service providers. The Red Hat Ecosystem Catalog lists tested, verified and supported enterprise-grade software from Red Hat and its partners that are ready to deploy in enterprise environments today.
“Red Hat OpenShift is supported by an incredibly diverse and robust ecosystem of software partners to offer enterprises a broad range of certified solutions,” said Kevin Kennedy, vice president, North America Partner Ecosystem, Red Hat. “We are pleased to collaborate with Rafay to certify its Kubernetes automation solution on Red Hat OpenShift to help customers accelerate their modernization journey across on-premises and cloud environments.”
For enterprises deploying Red Hat OpenShift alongside EKS, AKS and/or GKE, Rafay provides the following automation capabilities:
- Add-On Management and Standardization: Centrally enforce and create standards for add-ons deployed across all clusters (on-premises and in the cloud) through easy-to-use cluster blueprints that are versioned, auditable and consumable via Terraform, GitOps API, CLI and GUI-based workflows. Cluster blueprints can also detect and prevent configuration drift, making it easy for enterprises to manage 100s or 1,000s of clusters
- Bi-Modal Multi-Tenancy: Support for both namespace and cluster-based tenancy models that enable platform teams to support mature and early Kubernetes users via a singular platform, enabling delivery of cluster and namespace-as-a-service capabilities through self-service workflows. Customers can easily create ServiceNow and Backstage-based workflows for developer self-service
- Multi-Cluster Access Management and Auditing: Zero-trust access security that enables developers and site reliability engineers to access multiple clusters or namespaces without requiring VPNs, jumphosts, etc., complete with centralized role-based access control (RBAC) and comprehensive user-level auditing
Further, for enterprises employing EKS, AKS and/or GKE in the cloud, the Rafay KOP specifically adds the following automation capabilities:
- EKS/AKS/GKE Lifecycle Management: Turnkey cluster provisioning, scaling and lifecycle management of EKS, AKS and GKE clusters through deep integration with managed Kubernetes services from public cloud providers. With this capability set, no prior Kubernetes experience is needed in the cloud operations/SRE team to provision and operate Kubernetes clusters in the cloud, resulting in a 75% TCO reduction for enterprise-grade Kubernetes operations.
“Rafay is proud to collaborate with Red Hat to make our next-generation Kubernetes automation solution available to enterprises worldwide through the Red Hat Ecosystem Catalog,” said Haseeb Budhani, CEO of Rafay Systems. “Managing modern applications across data centers and cloud environments is a complex and difficult task. With this certification for Rafay’s KOP on Red Hat OpenShift, we are committed to making the enterprise Kubernetes journey less daunting.”
You can find Rafay’s KOP on the Red Hat Ecosystem Catalog here.
- Sign up for a free trial today to begin your organization’s predictability plan for future Kubernetes growth
- Learn how to provision and import clusters on Red Hat OpenShift here
- Read the Rafay Blog: Simplifying Kubernetes Lifecycle Management - Discover the Power of Rafay with OpenShift
About Rafay Systems
Rafay’s cloud-made solution, Kubernetes Operations Platform, provides the automation and governance capabilities that platform teams need to standardize Kubernetes clusters, toolsets and workflows. With Rafay, platform teams at MoneyGram, GuardantHealth, Verizon and many other companies are operating Kubernetes environments across data centers, public cloud and Edge environments with centralized visibility and access control, environment standardization, and guardrail enforcement. As a result, platform teams are able to deliver self-service and automation capabilities that delight developer and operations teams. For more information, please visit www.rafay.co.
Red Hat and OpenShift are trademarks or registered trademarks of Red Hat, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the U.S. and other countries.