ST. PAUL, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--H.B. Fuller Company (NYSE: FUL), a leading global adhesives provider, released today its Sustainability Report outlining the company’s 2022 performance and progress toward achieving its environmental, social, and governance (ESG) vision and targets.
By 2025, H.B. Fuller expects to reduce energy and greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions intensity by 20% and waste and water intensity by 10% compared to the base year of 2014. At the end of 2022, the company reported steady progress toward its four primary targets; is ahead of schedule in delivering its water withdrawal and waste metric targets; and is close to reaching its GHG goal.
“In 2022, our company was recognized by several leading organizations for our commitment to operating responsibly across our extensive global network of manufacturing locations,” said H.B. Fuller President and CEO Celeste Mastin. “Our reach goes far beyond our own operations. In fact, over 50% of our new product pipeline is focused on solutions that allow customers to drive positive change by enabling sustainability in their products.”
Highlights from this year's report include:
- Delivered strong performance, positioning the company to meet its 2025 sustainability goals
- Published Scope 3 GHG emissions for the first time and advanced Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) related to product footprint and climate change
- Implemented a new digital platform across more than 100 sites around the world for collection, analysis, and reporting of sustainability data in real-time
- Launched numerous technologies enabling sustainable customer innovations across a wide range of end markets, including electric vehicles, woodworking, technical textile, packaging, hygiene, and energy efficient buildings
- Created a new “Talent Up” program for Operations and enhanced H.B. Fuller’s culture of diversity and inclusion through expanded Employee Network Groups and 44% female representation on H.B. Fuller’s Board of Directors
- Donated $1.3 million to communities and increased employee volunteerism, partnerships and corporate social responsibility programs to enrich communities in 26 countries
H.B. Fuller continues to reference the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs) and align its disclosures to the industry-leading Global Reporting Initiative (GRI) standards and the Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB).
About H.B. Fuller:
Since 1887, H.B. Fuller has been a leading global adhesives provider focusing on perfecting adhesives and sealants to improve products and lives. With fiscal 2022 net revenue of $3.75 billion, H.B. Fuller’s commitment to innovation and sustainable adhesive solutions brings together people, products and processes that answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. Our reliable, responsive service creates lasting, rewarding connections with customers in electronics, disposable hygiene, medical, transportation, aerospace, clean energy, packaging, construction, woodworking, general industries and other consumer businesses. And, our promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate and thrive. Learn more: www.hbfuller.com.