RESTON, Va.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Softeon, a global supply chain software provider with the industry's best track record of customer success, has released a new white paper that looks at the state of Warehouse Management Systems in the Cloud in 2023.
Compared with some other types of supply chain software, adoption of WMS in the Cloud was relatively slow.
That were several reasons for the slow pace of adoption of Cloud WMS, including:
- Concerns about internet downtimes that would prevent companies from being able to ship products until service was restored.
- Concerns about performance for sub-systems such as wireless terminals (RF), Voice, material handling systems integration, and other processes requiring sub-second response times.
- The fact that many of the largest WMS companies were slow to embrace Cloud deployment models.
While the uptime and response concerns are understandable, the white paper explains how in practice performance in the Cloud has been excellent, including many successful deployments of WMS in complex, large scale distribution center operations.
Softeon’s WMS solution has been web-native and Cloud-based for many years, was architected for Cloud deployment, and built for scale and responsiveness. 100% of new Softeon WMS deployments are in the Cloud.
The new white paper covers a variety of topics companies interested in WMS will want to explore, including the following:
- A brief history of WMS and Cloud
- The three key dimensions of Cloud versus traditional WMS deployment
- The operational benefits of Cloud delivery
- Why Cloud WMS architecture matters
- An analysis of Cloud WMS performance concerns
- Lessons learned from dozens of deployments of WMS in the Cloud
“WMS in the Cloud has simply become mainstream, and if architected to optimized Cloud performance can easily handle the most challenging operational environments,” said Jim Hoefflin, CEO at Softeon.
Hoefflin added that, “Our experience is that customer satisfaction with WMS implementations in the Cloud is very high, the result of eliminating the need to set-up deployment environments internally and enabling Softeon to provide on-going managed services, greatly reducing the requirement for internal IT resources.”
The new white paper is available for download: Understanding WMS in the Cloud 2023
Softeon is a global provider of advanced, Cloud-based supply chain software that helps companies improve logistics operations and push back against labor, cost and cycle time pressures while maximizing on-going agility. Our software suite is anchored by our Warehouse Management System (WMS), Warehouse Execution System (WES) and Distributed Order Management (DOM) solutions, and empowered by our innovative, composable LUCA integration platform. LUCA enables rapid on-boarding of a wide array of material handling systems, such as mobile robots and goods-to-person automation, and powers development of tailored workflows without coding. Softeon is laser-focused on customer results, with a 100% track record of deployment success. For more information, please visit www.Softeon.com.