AUSTIN, Texas--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Shokz, known for its headphones with patented open-ear technology, today announced OpenFit, the brand’s first open-ear true wireless earbuds, made with its patented air conduction technology, to launch globally. OpenFit is built around the ear, leaving the inner ear open, with an ultra-lightweight, open-ear construction that allows you to comfortably hear both your own audio and every sound around you with crystal clarity.
These open-ear buds have a light and balanced Dolphin Arc Ear Hook design that adapts to your natural ear shape. They’re perfect for interacting with your colleagues, staying connected to your family and friends and keeping you situationally aware and motivated during a workout. The 0.7mm ultra-fine flexible memory wire provides an ergonomic fit and at just 8.3 grams, are so lightweight they can be worn comfortably all-day.
Each earbud is engineered with a dual-layered liquid silicone that provides a pliable fit for every ear shape while avoiding discomfort from extended wear and a customized dynamic driver brings a rich delivery of pure sound right into your ear without covering your ear canal.
“When setting out to develop OpenFit, we scanned a vast array of human ear data to create the most comfortable fit within our patented open-ear design,” said Vincent Xiong, Chief Executive Officer at Shokz. “We couldn’t be prouder of the natural sound quality, powerful bass and secure, ergonomic fit we perfected with OpenFit. As the first flagship product to feature air conduction technology globally , it is a unique product offering that can be worn comfortably for any occasion - whether you are commuting to the office, working from home or even working out, OpenFit was built to be comfortable, safe and secure in any situation.”1
OpenFit uses DirectPitch™ technology, which produces a full audio experience that immerses users in their favorite songs, podcasts, and audiobooks, along with Shokz OpenBass™, Shokz’s proprietary low-frequency enhancement algorithm, to carry low-frequency vibrations directly toward your ear without covering it. OpenFit also uses AI Call Noise Cancellation technology to ensure call quality. This technology is tested and proven in common noisy call settings such as stations and intersections filtering out up to 99.7% of ambient noise.
OpenFit Open-Ear True Wireless Earbuds Feature:
- Open-ear design gives users all-day comfort, a secure fit and situational awareness. The ear cushion core is engineered with a dual-layered liquid silicone that gives a pliable fit for every ear shape while avoiding discomfort from even extended wear.2
- Optimizing the design and material of open-ear earbuds, OpenFit is compact and light, weighing at just 8.3 grams per ear.3 The ergonomic and flexible dolphin arc ear hook design with a built-in 0.7mm ultra-fine flexible memory wire provides an ergonomic fit that gently adapts to your natural ear shape.4
- Uses DirectPitch™, a brand-new audio experience made for OpenFit that allows for premium audio quality that perfectly balances bold highs, clear mids, and surging bass.
- Listeners can enjoy a true audio experience by using Shokz OpenBass™, a proprietary low-frequency enhancement algorithm to carry low-frequency vibrations directly toward your ear without covering it.
- Features a 18x11mm customized dynamic driver unit that is built with an ultra light composite diaphragm comprised of two parts. The inner dome-shaped cap is made of a high strength, ultra lightweight carbon fiber that is 20 times stronger than steel, pumping every acoustic vibration with incredible accuracy.
- Has AI Call Noise Cancellation technology to ensure call quality. This technology is tested and proven in common noisy call settings – such as stations and intersections – filtering out up to 99.7% of ambient noise.5
- Up to 28 hours of music-listening time when charged in the charging case, making it ideal for the athlete and entrepreneurs on-the-go.6
- Audio playback and calls can be controlled directly on the built-in touchpads, truly freeing your hands without additional phone operation.
- An IP54 water-resistant rating was designed with a double-layer waterproof steel mesh and gauze for additional protection and enhanced sound performance.7
- Listeners can get a more personalized listening experience by using the Shokz App to select your favorite EQ modes and button functions.
OpenFit Open-Ear True Wireless Earbuds: Specs
Microphone type: AI Call Noise Cancellation technology to ensure call quality
Audio: Brand-New DirectPitch™ that provides listeners with a premium audio quality along with OpenBass™, a proprietary low frequency enhancement algorithm to carry low frequency vibrations directly toward your ear without covering it.
Speaker Type: Air conduction transducer
Materials: Earbuds: PC, Silicone; Charging Case: PC
Bluetooth®: Generation 5.2
Chip: BES 2500YP
Wireless range: Up to 33ft (10 meters)
Battery type: Li-Polymer Battery
Battery capacity: Earbuds: 58mAh (Min); Charging case: 600mAh (Min)
Continuous play time: Up to 28 hours when charged in the charging case and up to 7 hours of listening on a single full charge
Standby time: Up to 10 days
Charge time: Charge the earbuds with the charging case: 60 minutes; Empty case with charging cable: 120 minutes
Quick charge: 5 minutes provides an hour of listening time
Weight: 8.3g per earbud; Charging case: 57g
IP rating: IP54 Water-Resistant; charging case is not waterproof
Frequency Response: 50Hz-16kHz
Speaker Sensitivity: 95.5dB±2.5dB
Microphone Sensitivity: -38 dB±2dB
Charge Voltage: 5V±5%
Frequency Band: 2402MHz-2480MHz
Warranty: 2 years
1. When using during outdoor activity, please ensure earbuds are being properly worn and control the volume to ensure that you can hear your surroundings, including traffic signals, passersby, etc. Using OpenFit while riding or driving may distract your attention and have higher risk of sports injury and traffic accident; Using OpenFit while riding or driving may violate local laws or community regulations, use of this product should comply with local laws and community regulations.
2. Built-in silicone has a measured Shore hardness of 00.
3. Data was gathered from Shokz testing labs and the specific weight may vary by ± 0.2 grams.
4. The actual wearing experience of OpenFit is dependent on the shape and size of the user’s ear.
5. According to the results of simulation experiments conducted by Shokz Lab for the intersection scene, AI noise cancellation can provide a maximum of 50dB signal-to-noise ratio improvement, which is equivalent to a 99.7% reduction of ambient noise, when the sound pressure level at the artificial head is 65-72dB(A).
6. This data was gathered at the Shokz Lab in a temperature-controlled environment of 25±2 °C, playing ACC-encoded audio at a 50% volume and all other features set to default. The actual battery life depends on the volume, sound source, degree of environmental interference, product features, use habits, and other factors. Quick charging requires the charging case to be in the green light prompt state.
7. IP54 water-resistance only applies to the earbuds, and charging case is not rated waterproof. OpenFit was tested under controlled laboratory conditions and has a rating of IP54 under IEC standard 60529. Water-resistance is not a permanent condition and resistance might decrease as a result of normal wear. Please do not submerge or expose OpenFit for an extended period to water. Please do not attempt to charge a wet OpenFit.
Shokz audio products deliver premium stereo sound and the safety and comfort of an open-ear design to consumers worldwide. Shokz offers their patented open-ear technology to improve situational awareness and keep users connected to their surroundings. Since 2011, Shokz has used its proprietary technologies and signature open-ear design for endurance, lifestyle, and communication audio products, priced for everyday use. Learn more about the brand that inspires users to #beopen at www.shokz.com.