WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--The Council for Citizens Against Government Waste (CCAGW) today released its 2022 Congressional Ratings highlighting the voting records of all 535 voting members of Congress during the second session of the 117th Congress. The report, which CCAGW has issued since 1989, identifies members whose voting records helped protect the taxpayers’ money, as well as those who consistently voted against their interests.
CCAGW 2022 Congressional Ratings Facts:
CCAGW rates members on a 0 to 100 percent scale. Members are placed in the following categories:
- Hostile: 0-19 percent.
- Unfriendly: 20-39 percent.
- Lukewarm: 40-59 percent.
- Friendly: 60-79 percent.
- Taxpayer Hero: 80-99 percent.
- Taxpayer Super Hero: 100 percent.
- CCAGW scored 14 votes in the House of Representatives and 25 votes in the Senate.
- 10 senators earned the coveted title of “Taxpayer Super Hero” with a perfect score of 100 percent.
- 56 representatives earned perfect scores of 100 percent.
- In 2021, 18 senators and 142 representatives received a perfect score.
- At the other end of the spectrum, 45 senators earned the lowest score of four percent and 207 representatives earned the lowest score of seven percent.
- In 2021, 36 senators and 198 representatives earned a zero rating.
CCAGW President Tom Schatz said in a statement:
“We applaud the Taxpayer Super Heroes and Heroes for their votes to cut wasteful spending and defend the interests of taxpayers. In this unprecedented time in American history, the actions of these members are an encouraging sign, and their constituents should congratulate them. However, there are still far too many lawmakers who supported expanding the federal bureaucratic state at the taxpayers’ expense in 2022 with big spending bills. Hopefully, these reckless spenders will change their wasteful ways in 2023 and vote to eliminate the extensive waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement that still plagues the Washington swamp, since now more than ever the government should be spending the taxpayers’ money effectively and efficiently.”
The Council for Citizens Against Government Waste is the lobbying arm of Citizens Against Government Waste, the nation’s largest nonpartisan, nonprofit organization dedicated to eliminating waste, fraud, abuse, and mismanagement in government.