SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Samsara Inc. ("Samsara") (NYSE: IOT), the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, today released its annual Environmental, Social, and Governance (ESG) report titled, “Building a safer and more sustainable world.” The report details Samsara’s environmental and social progress this past year and how integrity and ethics are at the forefront of its governance structure.
Samsara’s ESG principles of transparency and accountability, data-driven solutions, and empowering its people and communities guide the company’s efforts. Its commitment to building a safer and more sustainable world extends beyond its own operations to its tens of thousands of customers. Samsara’s Connected Operations Cloud provides customers with actionable data that can decrease safety incidents, carbon emissions, and paper and food waste. These insights can be used by customers to both inform and track progress against their ESG goals.
“Our customers power the global economy – and taking a connected, unified view on their ESG data can make a meaningful difference in how they affect the environment and their employees' lives,” said Sanjit Biswas, co-founder and CEO at Samsara. “Building technology solutions that make operations safer and more sustainable is how we can make a lasting impact. Partnering with our customers, measuring and reducing our own carbon footprint, and investing in the wellbeing of our employees and communities are all central to building Samsara for the long term.”
Key highlights and progress detailed in Samsara’s 2023 ESG report include:
- Transforming customer operations: Samsara’s Connected Operations Cloud provides the insights organizations need to achieve their safety and sustainability goals all in one platform. Customers have created safer working environments for employees, decreased emissions by improving fuel efficiency and transitioning to electric vehicles (EVs), and many reduced their costs significantly by doing so. As organizations seek partners that share their commitment to sustainability, they can rely on Samsara as a carbon-neutral technology partner.
- Product innovations that drive ESG progress: This past year, Samsara introduced new product innovations to help customers increase the safety and sustainability of their operations. One example innovation is its Proactive Driver Coaching solution, which leverages preventative AI technology to elevate the coaching experience and empower drivers to build safe habits on the road. Announced today, Samsara’s Sustainable Fleet Management solution includes new and enhanced features designed to maximize fuel efficiency, jumpstart electrification, and reduce emissions.
- Path to net zero: Samsara’s long-term goal is to reach net zero for its Scope 1, 2, and 3 emissions by 2040. In its last fiscal year, Samsara achieved a 60% reduction in logistics emissions through strategies like the use of alternative fuels and optimization of transportation routes. The company invested in high-impact carbon offset projects and the construction of a new 10-megawatt solar plant in Laredo, Texas. This plant will result in the avoidance of up to 13,000 tons of CO2 emissions every year.
- Sustainable headquarters: Samsara opened its new headquarters, the first cross-laminated timber (CLT) building in San Francisco, and the first multi-story CLT building in California. CLT structural panels offer dimensional stability that is superior to conventional framing, with a significantly smaller carbon footprint.
- Supporting employee growth and impact: Samsara fosters an inclusive work environment where employees are empowered to make an impact on their teammates, customers, and communities. Samsara launched its mentorship program and introduced a new Employee Resource Group, Veterans at Samsara. The company’s giving arm, Samsara for Good, supported more than 500 charities and causes, and saw a 24% increase in total annual donation amount from the prior year.
- Upholding strong privacy, ethics, and governance practices: As part of Samsara's commitment to responsible innovation, privacy and ethics are embedded into every aspect of the business. The company's Privacy and Ethics Board helps ensure responsible innovation by evaluating how its technology may directly or indirectly affect the environment and society. Samsara's culture of transparency is essential to building and maintaining trust with employees, customers, partners, and other stakeholders.
“A commitment to ESG progress isn’t only about achieving our set goals, it’s a mindset, and the approaches we take require continuous innovation,” said Adam Eltoukhy, Chief Legal Officer at Samsara. “Like our customers, we use data to understand where to make adjustments that net the greatest result. We’re excited about our progress and the growing opportunity we have to make a positive impact.”
To learn more about how Samsara is building a safer and more sustainable world, visit www.samsara.com/company/esg.
Samsara is the pioneer of the Connected Operations™ Cloud, which is a system of record that enables organizations that depend on physical operations to harness Internet of Things (IoT) data to develop actionable insights and improve their operations. Samsara operates in North America and Europe and serves tens of thousands of customers across a wide range of industries including transportation, wholesale and retail trade, construction, field services, logistics, utilities and energy, government, healthcare and education, manufacturing, and food and beverage. The company's mission is to increase the safety, efficiency, and sustainability of the operations that power the global economy.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the federal securities laws. All statements other than statements of historical fact are forward looking, including, but not limited to, statements related to the plans, expectations, and timelines for Samsara Inc. (“Samsara”) to achieve net-zero carbon emissions; intentions regarding Samsara’s carbon offset and removal portfolio; Samsara’s planned benefits offerings; Samsara’s business plans and objectives; strategies and systems for implementing Samsara’s goals; commitments to programs and policies; expectations and priorities for Samsara’s initiatives; and customer adoption of and expected results from our Connected Operations Cloud, including cost-savings and return on investment. Such statements are subject to a number of risks, uncertainties, assumptions, and other factors that may cause Samsara’s actual results, performance, or achievements to differ materially from results expressed or implied in this press release. Risks that contribute to the uncertain nature of the forward-looking statements include, among others, risks listed or described from time to time in Samsara’s filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the “SEC”), including the Company’s most recently filed Annual Report on Form 10-K or Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, which will be filed with the SEC and available on our investor relations website. All forward-looking statements in this press release are based on information and estimates available to Samsara at the time of initial publication of this press release and are not guarantees of future performance or outcomes.
This press release contains statistical data, estimates, and forecasts that are based on publicly available information or information and data furnished to us by third parties such as our customers, as well as other information based on our internal sources. While we believe the information and data from third parties included in this press release are based on reasonable assumptions, this information involves many assumptions and limitations, and you are cautioned not to give undue weight to these estimates. We have not independently verified the accuracy or completeness of the information and data provided by third parties, and other publicly available information. Accordingly, we make no representations as to the accuracy or completeness of that data nor do we undertake to update such data after the date of this press release.
The trademarks included herein are the property of the owners thereof and are used for reference purposes only. Such use should not be construed as an endorsement of the platform and products of Samsara.
Except as required by law, Samsara assumes no obligation to update any of the statements in this press release.