ATLANTA--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IRONSCALES, the leading enterprise cloud email security platform protecting more than 10,000 global enterprises, announced today a collection of groundbreaking new capabilities to aid in the fight against business email compromise (BEC). The new capabilities build upon IRONSCALES’ industry-first approach of combining artificial intelligence (AI) and human insights (HI) to deliver enterprise-level protection against BEC and other forms of advanced phishing attacks. These new capabilities will be on display at the IRONSCALES booth (#5215) at this year’s RSA Conference, from April 24-27.
The announcement comes at a time when rates of BEC and other advanced phishing attacks are climbing exponentially. A recent report from Osterman Research1 revealed that large organizations are expecting a 43% increase in BEC attacks in the next 12 months. These advanced phishing attacks, which leverage vulnerabilities in traditional Secure Email Gateways, cost businesses a staggering $2.7 billion in 2022, according to research from the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
To help protect against this rising threat, in their recent Market Guide for Email Security2, Gartner recommends that security and risk management leaders should “use email security solutions that include anti-phishing technology for targeted BEC protection that use AI to detect communication patterns and conversation-style anomalies.” Gartner goes on to recommend that organizations “reinforce training with context-aware banners and in-line prompts to help educate users.”
“Email security is one of those tasks that gets a ton of visibility for the wrong reasons,” said Augustine Boateng, Deputy CIO for the City of Memphis. “It’s not enough for vendors to say, the AI will take care of it all. Anyone in technology knows that AI is still new. Tech will fail, and it’s only a matter of time before hackers identify AI vulnerabilities. I need to have visibility into the threats that are being flagged and the ones that aren’t so that my team can act quickly to remove them.”
“With IRONSCALES doubling down on their AI plus human insights (HI) approach to protecting organizations like mine from phishing threats, we’re seeing an increase in awareness from our employees, a decrease in the number of threats we need to respond to, and confidence across the board that we’re being proactive in protecting our assets,” Boateng continued.
The new suite of cutting-edge capabilities builds on IRONSCALES’ innovative AI+HI approach to email security, by enabling the following:
- Create Security Awareness Campaigns with a Click — Creating a comprehensive, timely, and relevant phishing simulation & training campaign is a major undertaking. With IRONSCALES’ new “Recommended Campaigns” feature, SOC admins can launch entire campaigns based on seasonal events, current threat trends, and more, all with the click of a button.
- Turn Real-World Threats into High-Value Simulations — Traditional phishing simulations often rely on outdated emails that fail to accurately test employees’ awareness of the latest threats. And creating effective simulations of your own is challenging and time-consuming. With IRONSCALES’ new “Template from Threat” feature, IT and Security leaders can quickly turn an actual phishing threat into a simulation template in just a few clicks.
- Standardize Security Posture at Scale — For global enterprise clients and MSP partners, configuring security posture settings traditionally had to be done on a tenant-by-tenant basis. With IRONSCALES’ new “Group Settings” capability, admins can now easily apply customization and AI settings across multiple tenants at once, to ensure a standardized security posture at scale.
- Streamline Threat Classification — Today’s security and IT admins only have a few moments to investigate and classify an incident before having to move on to the next threat. However, it’s not always clear why an email was flagged. As part of IRONSCALES’ new BEC capabilities, security leaders can ease the decision making process and gain at-a-glance insights explaining why an email was identified as a potential threat.
- Analyze the Threat Landscape at a Glance — Visibility into the handling of suspicious emails at the enterprise level has traditionally required time-consuming, dispersed searches across different views. With its new “Investigation Tab” capability, IRONSCALES gives security professionals access to a single-pane-of-glass view of the entire threat landscape — including all identified threats, threat patterns, and actions taken.
“As our customers grow more profitable, they are becoming the targets of highly advanced phishing attacks that are more difficult to detect through native and traditional email security tools,” said Eyal Benishti, co-founder and CEO at IRONSCALES. “With IRONSCALES, enterprise security teams now have a powerful, AI-based co-pilot to fight advanced phishing attacks. And when combined with human insights, organizations can reduce risk, boost security team efficiency, and safeguard themselves from the most advanced phishing threats.”
More than 10,000 global customers depend on IRONSCALES to defend against today’s most advanced phishing attacks. As the industry’s only solution that combines AI and human insight, IRONSCALES ensures enterprises around the world have every tool at their disposal to remain secure in the face of the latest threats.
Are you attending this year’s RSA Conference? Be sure to visit booth 5215 to see how IRONSCALES is combining AI and human insights to redefine enterprise email security.
(1) Defending the Enterprise: The Latest Trends and Tactics in BEC Attacks, Osterman Research, https://secure.ironscales.com/defending-the-enterprise/report-download
(2) Gartner Market Guide for Email Security, Ravisha Chugh, Peter Firstbrook, Franz Hinner, 13 February 2023
Gartner is a registered trademark and servicemark of Gartner, Inc and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally, and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
IRONSCALES is the leading cloud email security platform for the enterprise that uses machine learning and AI to stop advanced phishing attacks that bypass traditional security solutions. Its award-winning self-learning platform continuously detects and remediates advanced threats like Business Email Compromise (BEC), credential harvesting, Account Takeover (ATO) and more. As the most powerfully simple email security platform, IRONSCALES helps enterprises reduce risk, boost security team efficiency, and build a culture of cybersecurity awareness. IRONSCALES is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia and is proud to support more than 10,000 customers globally. Visit http://www.ironscales.com or @IRONSCALES to learn more.