PISCATAWAY, N.J.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--IEEE, the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for humanity, will pay tribute to innovation and creativity in engineering, science, and technology at its 2023 IEEE Vision, Innovation, and Challenges Summit (IEEE VIC Summit) & Honors Ceremony on 5 May 2023, at the Hilton Atlanta in downtown Atlanta, Georgia, USA. The daylong conference is marked by compelling discussions of the transformative advances propelling humanity forward, culminating with an awards ceremony where IEEE Life Fellow Vinton G. Cerf will be presented with IEEE’s highest award and century-old distinction – the IEEE Medal of Honor.
"Creativity and innovation are the lifeblood of science, engineering, and technology. Without them, progress stagnates and the impossible remains out of reach; with them, we can push boundaries, solve complex problems, and realize a better future for all,” said Nim K. Cheung, IEEE Awards Board chair. “The VIC Summit and Honors Ceremony is a springboard for empowering new generations of innovators in their pursuit of excellence.”
Charles Neal, President of the National Association for Multi-Ethnicity in Communications (NAMIC) Atlanta, will be Master of Ceremonies. The day’s agenda features talks by leading experts from the worlds of academia, biotechnology, computing, telecommunications, robotics, and beyond.
IEEE VIC Summit highlights:
- Intimate fireside chat with co-father of the Internet, IEEE Life Fellow, and 2023 IEEE Medal of Honor recipient, Vinton G. Cerf of Google. Moderated by author and former New York Times technology journalist Katie Hafner, the discussion will explore the impacts of Cerf’s work, including its role in driving technological and social change.
- Panel session on artificial intelligence (AI) and ChatGPT™, featuring Roomba™ inventor, renowned AI authority, and 2023 IEEE Founders Medal recipient, Rodney Brooks of Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT).
- Innovators Showcase panel with 2023 honorees including IEEE Life Member Melba Crawford of Purdue University; National Instruments co-founder and IEEE Fellow James J. Truchard.
- Additional speakers include representatives from Akamai Technologies, Inc.; AT&T Inc.; Dell Inc.; Duke University; Earthlink LLC; Georgia Tech Research Institute; MIT; Intel, NAMIC, Truist Financial Corporation; and more.
- There will be a panel on climate change and sustainability during the Welcome Celebration at the Georgia Aquarium on 4 May 2023.
The Honors Ceremony Gala will take place in the evening where 2023 IEEE President and CEO Saifur Rahman and IEEE President-Elect Thomas Coughlin will co-host the ceremony and present the awards to the recipients. There will be a special recognition for IEEE President’s Award recipient Doreen Bogdan-Martin, ITU Secretary General. The full list of 2023 recipients is available online at: https://bit.ly/IEEEAwards-2023Honorees.
Registration and Event Details:
Early event registration is open through 12 April 2023; for additional information or to register, please visit https://bit.ly/IEEEVICSummit2023-Registration. Current program information is available in PDF format at https://bit.ly/IEEEVICSummmitProgram. For real-time event highlights, please follow @IEEEAwards and #IEEEAwards2023 on Twitter.
About IEEE Awards
For more than a century, the IEEE Awards Program has served as the world’s top peer-recognition program, acknowledging preeminent leaders and visionaries in science, technology, and engineering advancement. Through the program, IEEE advances its members’ interests by recognizing pivotal contributions in fields of interest to IEEE and to the benefit of society. The IEEE Awards Board administers the annual Awards Program, encompassing IEEE corporate- and society-level Medals, Technical Field Awards, and Recognitions. IEEE’s highest-level Medals and Recognitions are presented at the IEEE Honors Ceremony. For more information, please visit https://bit.ly/IEEEAwards2023, or follow IEEE Awards on Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
IEEE is the world’s largest technical professional organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity. Through its highly cited publications, conferences, technology standards, and professional and educational activities, IEEE is the trusted voice in a wide variety of areas ranging from aerospace systems, computers, and telecommunications to biomedical engineering, electric power, and consumer electronics. Learn more at http://www.ieee.org.