BOULDER, Colo.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zayo Group Holdings, Inc., a leading global communications infrastructure provider, released its 2022 Sustainability at Zayo Report. The report highlights Zayo’s commitment to aligning its values with its business practices and progress made toward its environmental, social, and government (ESG) milestones.
“The ESG practices we outline in this report are not only a fundamental component of who Zayo is as a company, but are also vital for Zayo to reach its business goals,” said Mike Nold, leader of Zayo’s ESG steering committee and EVP of Corporate Development and Strategy. “This past year, we focused on developing our path to net zero, improving organizational diversity, and expanding broadband to all. We are proud of our progress and remain committed to making ESG a priority.”
Zayo’s Environmental Impact
Climate change is a growing threat to people, ecosystems and economies. Zayo is taking this threat seriously and is investing in efforts to lead the industry in addressing the issue. In 2022, Zayo formally committed to Science Based Target Initiative (SBTi) by setting ambitious science-based emissions reduction targets to support environmentally sustainable growth. Through this commitment, Zayo developed a plan to achieve net zero emissions by 2030.
Other initiatives from Zayo to mitigate its impact on climate change included offsetting its overall carbon emissions and engaging its supply chain partners to reduce their emissions.
Zayo’s Social Impact
Corporate social responsibility is central to the culture of Zayo. In 2022, Zayo reinforced this commitment to culture, community, and connection with the following:
- A community North Star was created to provide a common goal for Zayoites to rally around. Zayo’s North Star reads: “At Zayo, we connect what’s next. We are committed to making a positive impact through investing in the next generation of technology leaders by creating development and professional advancement opportunities for historically marginalized and underrepresented communities.”
- Unveiling a Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging (DEIB) statement: "At Zayo, we believe that diverse perspectives drive innovative ideas and fuel our growth. We foster a culture where every Zayoite feels seen, valued, respected, and empowered to be their most authentic self. We strive to work with partners that also demonstrate core values around diversity and sustainability.”
- Improvements across gender and ethnic diversity throughout all levels of the organization, including the Board of Directors.
- Supporting initiatives to bring Broadband to All, especially low-income students. Through the acquisition of ENA, Zayo now connects over 19,000 K-12 schools across the United States. Of those 19,000, 58% are considered to be low-income, under-served communities.
- Began tracking diversity in its supply chain with year-over-year improvements in the number of women and minority-owned suppliers.
“At Zayo, we are driven by a mission of advancement and inclusivity,” said Julie Tschida Brown, Chief People & Culture Officer at Zayo. “We actively strive and hold ourselves accountable to curate a work environment where embracing diversity, equity and inclusion is fundamental to achieving a sense of belonging. The introduction of our community North Star and DEIB statement are foundational for our continued commitment to and investment in our community and culture and we are eager to continue building and evolving in 2023 and beyond.”
To learn more about Zayo’s ESG efforts or to download the full report, visit https://www.zayo.com/environmental-social-governance.
For more than 15 years, Zayo has empowered some of the world’s largest and most innovative companies to connect what’s next for their business. Zayo’s future-ready network spans over 16 million fiber miles and 139,000 route miles. Zayo's tailored connectivity and edge solutions enable carriers, cloud providers, data centers, schools, and enterprises to deliver exceptional experiences, from core to cloud to edge. Discover how Zayo connects what’s next at www.zayo.com and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.