SAN JOSE, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Today, Roku (Nasdaq: ROKU), the #1 TV streaming platform in the U.S.*, announced the features and availability of its new Roku Select and Plus Series TVs. Available in 11 models ranging from 24” to 75” to fit any room or budget, Roku-branded HD and 4K TVs are the first ever to be both designed and made by Roku, underscoring the company's commitment to providing a best-in-class streaming experience at an accessible price. Beginning today, Roku Select and Plus Series TVs are available exclusively from Best Buy stores and BestBuy.com, while the new Roku Wireless Soundbar, offering a seamless wireless complement to Roku Select and Plus TVs, will be available exclusively at Best Buy stores and online later this month.
Building on Roku’s TV streaming leadership and decades of experience, Roku Plus Series TVs deliver stunning picture quality, ultra-fast performance, and are loaded with enhanced features like automatic brightness, wireless sound expandability, Bluetooth® Private Listening, Roku’s Voice Remote Pro, and more. Coupled with Roku’s industry-leading streaming platform, Roku Plus Series TVs are optimized to deliver a delightful streaming experience right out of the box.
“Our goal is to make everything about a smart TV delightfully simple, from finding the TV that’s perfect for you, to opening and unboxing, to enjoying your favorite movies and TV shows,” said Mustafa Ozgen, President, Devices, Roku. “We made purposeful decisions to ensure that our Roku Select and Plus Series TVs embody what users love most about the Roku streaming experience, and we brought in our expertise in picture quality and audio to give consumers an entertainment upgrade at an incredible value.”
Key Features of Roku Plus Series TVs:
- QLED Technology delivers strikingly accurate hues with an expanded color palette and increased brightness.
- 4K Dolby Vision® Picture lets users experience eye-popping detail in spectacular color, contrast, and brightness.
- Automatic Brightness automatically adjusts the screen’s brightness settings based on the room’s lighting for bright, clear picture any time of day.
- Local Dimming fine-tunes the picture with more vivid highlights and deeper darks to maximize contrast for realistic depth.
- Fast, Seamless Streaming powered by Wi-Fi 6 allows users to find and launch the content they want to watch in a snap.
- Endless Entertainment right at consumers’ fingertips, with built-in Roku streaming for access to a massive selection of free, live, and premium TV.
- Roku Voice Remote Pro with hands-free voice commands, Lost Remote Finder, personal shortcut buttons, and rechargeable battery makes it easier than ever to start watching content.
- Dolby Atmos® certified speakers are designed for clear speech and louder sound so users never miss a piece of dialogue.
- Wireless Surround Sound Expandability with the new Roku Wireless Soundbar, Roku Wireless Speakers and Wireless Bass delivers an immersive audio experience.
- Bluetooth® Private Listening lets users connect wireless headphones directly to the TV to enjoy their entertainment at any volume.
“Roku and Best Buy both share a commitment to enriching people’s lives through products and technology,” said Chris Larson, Vice President of Retail Strategy at Roku. “We’re excited to launch Roku Select and Plus TVs exclusively at Best Buy, offering their customers even more choices from Roku, a brand they’ve come to know and love.”
Today, Roku also announced new platform features, including an OS 12 bringing users a more intuitive, personalized, and seamless streaming experience. Highlights include improvements and new channel partners across Live TV, Sports, content discovery, the Roku Mobile App, and more.
The Roku Select and Plus Series TVs are now available in Best Buy stores and online at BestBuy.com. For more information, please visit: https://www.roku.com/rokumadetvs.
*based on hours streamed, Dec 2022, Hypothesis Group
About Roku, Inc.
Roku pioneered streaming to the TV. We connect users to the streaming content they love, enable content publishers to build and monetize large audiences, and provide advertisers with unique capabilities to engage consumers. Roku streaming players and TV-related audio devices are available in the U.S. and in select countries through direct retail sales and licensing arrangements with service operators. Roku TV™ models are available in the U.S. and in select countries through licensing arrangements with TV OEM brands. Roku Smart Home products, including cameras, video doorbells, lighting, plugs, and more are available in the U.S. Roku is headquartered in San Jose, Calif. U.S.A.
This press release contains “forward-looking” statements that are based on our beliefs and assumptions and on information currently available to us on the date of this press release. Forward-looking statements may involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause our actual results, performance, or achievements to be materially different from those expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements. These statements include but are not limited to those related to the availability, features, functionality, and attributes of the Roku Select and Roku Plus Series TVs as well as the features and benefits of the Roku TV program and the Roku platform. Except as required by law, we assume no obligation to update these forward-looking statements publicly, or to update the reasons actual results could differ materially from those anticipated in the forward-looking statements, even if new information becomes available in the future. Important factors that could cause our actual results to differ materially are detailed from time to time in the reports Roku, Inc. files with the Securities and Exchange Commission, including our Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2022. Copies of reports filed with the SEC are posted on Roku’s website and are available from Roku without charge.
Roku and Roku TV are trademarks or registered trademarks of Roku, Inc. in the U.S. and in other countries. Trade names, trademarks and service marks of other companies appearing in this press release are the property of their respective holders.