VANCOUVER, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--SaNOtize Research and Development Corp. (“SaNOtize”), a Canadian anti-infective-focused therapeutics company, today announced the formation of its inaugural scientific advisory board (SAB), comprised of internationally renowned scientific and clinical leaders from Canada, the United States, and Europe.
The board will advise SaNOtize on the company’s innovative product pipeline, clinical development, investment and growth opportunities, as well as emerging trends in healthcare, science, and technology.
“Innovation is a driving force in our strategy to grow and deliver an even more significant impact on patient outcomes and to ensure equitable access to healthcare for patients around the world,” said Chris Miller, PhD, SaNOtize Chief Scientific Officer and co-founder. “The scientific advisory board will help SaNOtize expand its clinical capabilities as the company is poised for further growth across its innovation pipeline.”
Inaugural members of the SAB include:
- Susan Alpert, PhD, MD: Dr. Alpert is a microbiologist and pediatrician specializing in infectious disease, with practical scientific, laboratory and clinical trial experience. Her work spans decades, bringing medical devices and other medical products to market globally. Dr Alpert is an internationally recognized expert and frequent speaker on FDA regulatory matters.
- Ferric Fang, MD: Dr. Fang is a clinician-scientist at the University of Washington School of Medicine in Seattle, WA who carries out basic research on the antimicrobial actions of nitric oxide. His ground-breaking work and discoveries were foundational in the industry’s understanding of the mechanisms of nitric oxide’s antimicrobial actions.
- Philippe Houssiau, MSc: Houssiau has a pharmaceutical/biotech background and has held senior positions in consulting, including senior partner with PricewaterhouseCoopers, and in a broad range of global healthcare organizations as CEO and Chairman. He is a global leader in healthcare digital transformation, data liquidity, and the intelligent real time exchange between clinical research and clinical practice.
- Muhammad Mamdani, PharmD, MA, MPH: Dr. Mamdani is Vice President of Data Science and Advanced Analytics at Unity Health Toronto and Director of the University of Toronto Temerty Faculty of Medicine Centre for Artificial Intelligence Research and Education in Medicine. His work applies advanced analytics such as machine learning to help improve patient outcomes. He is an international leader in applied artificial intelligence in healthcare.
- Allison McGeer, MD: Dr. McGeer’s work focuses on infection prevention in both the community and healthcare institutions, and the use of surveillance to evaluate the effectiveness of health interventions. She is Professor in Laboratory Medicine and Pathobiology and has an appointment at the Dalla Lana School of Public Health at the University of Toronto. She is also an infectious disease consultant at Sinai Health System and a Senior Clinician Scientist at the Lunenfeld-Tanenbaum Research Institute in Toronto.
- Ferid Murad, MD, PhD: Among his many awards, Dr. Murad was a co-recipient of the 1998 Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine for the discovery that nitric oxide acts as a signaling molecule in the cardiovascular system. He has served as Chief of Medicine at the Palo Alto VA Medical Center, as well as Associate Chairman and Acting Chairman, Department of Medicine, and Acting Division Chief, Division of Respiratory Medicine, at Stanford University.
- Arthur Slutsky, CM, FRSC, MD: Dr. Slutsky is Professor of Medicine, Surgery and Biomedical Engineering at the University of Toronto. He is a world expert in COVID-19-associated acute respiratory distress syndrome, mechanical ventilation, and ventilator-induced lung injury.
“The depth and breadth of the inaugural members of SaNOtize’s scientific advisory board will help position the company for its next wave of global growth and commercialization,” said Dr. Slutsky, chair of the advisory board. “Nitric Oxide Nasal Spray is just the beginning for SaNOtize – with this distinguished board, we will offer scientific and clinical perspectives to help guide the ongoing development of SaNOtize’s novel product pipeline.”
To learn more, please click here.
SaNOtize Research & Development Corp. is a pharmaceutical company based in Vancouver, BC, commercializing the multi-faceted antimicrobial properties of a liquid producing nitric oxide. The company has developed and patented a Nitric Oxide Releasing Solution platform technology (NORS™) to treat and prevent upper respiratory and topical infections. For more information, visit www.SaNOtize.com. Follow us on social: LinkedIn and Twitter.