NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Fiverr International Ltd., (NYSE: FVRR), the company that is revolutionizing how the world works together, has revealed the motivation behind return to work policies.
Fiverr Business, Fiverr’s catalog of verified and vetted talent for medium to large businesses, conducted a nationwide survey in partnership with Censuswide of over 1,000 managers and executives, as well as 1,000 employees of businesses of varying sizes and revenue. The results of the two surveys show managers believe employees are more motivated when a manager is nearby, and employees take shorter breaks. 42% of workers surveyed said they’d consider quitting if forced to come back 5 days a week.
“Fiverr’s survey reaffirms that employees want flexibility and autonomy,” said Shany Malbin, Fiverr Business General Manager. “High performing American workers don’t want to be watched by a manager at all times. They do not want to be timed when they are taking a break. It is attitudes like this that are fueling the growth in the number of highly skilled workers turning to freelancing as a full time career. It is predicted that half the U.S. workforce will be freelance by 2030. Employers need to think about building flexibility into their workforces, not just to retain their current employees, but also plan for hiring independent workers in preparation for this evolving workforce.”
Several key themes that emerged from the data include:
Bosses want employees in an office to know where they are at all times.
- A third of managers surveyed (33%) want their employees back full time because they are more motivated when they know they are being watched by upper management.
- Nearly 1 in 4 managers (24%) say they want employees back in the office full time because they’re more likely to take shorter breaks.
Executives at larger companies are more likely to want employees back full time.
- Executives/Managers surveyed at large companies (500+ employees) are the most likely to want employees back 5 days a week (67%).
- Managers at Large Cap companies (revenue $500 million+) are the most likely to want employees back 5 days a week (57%).
Managers want employees back to justify fixed costs.
- 1 in 4 managers surveyed (25%) want their employees back full time because they’re paying for the real estate.
- 42% say employees can more easily access and communicate with company infrastructure (computers, software, IT, printers, etc.).
Employees say ‘small perks’ aren’t enough to bring them back full time.
- Majority of US workers surveyed who want to work remotely say they’d return to the office – IF they got a salary bump (61%). 1 in 5 say absolutely no incentive would make them want to return to the office (21%).
- 42% of workers surveyed say they’d consider quitting if forced to come back full time.
This survey was conducted in partnership with Censuswide.
Fiverr’s mission is to revolutionize how the world works together. We exist to democratize access to talent and to provide talent with access to opportunities so anyone can grow their business, brand, or dreams. From small businesses to Fortune 500, over 4 million customers worldwide worked with freelance talent on Fiverr in the past year, ensuring their workforces remain flexible, adaptive, and agile. With Fiverr’s Talent Cloud, companies can easily scale their teams from a talent pool of skilled professionals from over 160 countries across more than 550 categories, ranging from programming to 3D design, digital marketing to content creation, from video animation to architecture.