SAN FRANCISCO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Zeta, a banking-tech company and provider of next-gen credit card processing, today announced the appointment of Karla Booe as Chief Compliance Officer. Based in Little Rock, Arkansas, Booe will be responsible for driving regulatory compliance programs for Zeta’s US based clients.
Karla previously spent 27+ years at FIS where she was the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer. At FIS, she was responsible for providing regulatory compliance support to the products supporting the largest banks in the country.
Commenting on Booe’s appointment, Bhavin Turakhia, CEO & Co-founder of Zeta said, “We are excited to welcome Karla, an industry leader with outstanding accomplishments and experience, to Zeta. She will further our already strong commitment to regulatory risk and compliance. Indeed, our flagship platform, Zeta Tachyon, enables credit card issuers to be 100% compliant with every existing US regulatory statute today. Moreover, leveraging never-seen-before innovations in the processing industry it is flexible and extensible to comply with practically any future regulatory requirement in a matter of days. This is in stark contrast to the many months legacy processors would typically take to even solution such a requirement.“
Zeta Tachyon is Zeta’s next-gen, cloud native, API first, payment processing, and core processing platform. Tachyon has been developed ground-up with no dependency on legacy technology and can power any retail or commercial banking product including credit cards, debit cards, prepaid accounts, DDA, checking, term deposits, and loans. Zeta Tachyon is vertically integrated and modular with 100% API and event coverage including product setup, configuration, origination, core processing, fraud, rewards, and notifications. Zeta’s technology is underpinned by the industry’s first Private Portable Cloud for banking applications which provides a highly secure and governed Infrastructure-as-a-Service framework capable of deployment across any major cloud provider. At present Zeta Tachyon is deployed across multiple AWS zones in the US-East Region.
Karla Booe said, “I am delighted to join Bhavin and the Zeta team on this incredible journey to enable banks to become truly digital-native. There has been little to no tech innovation with regard to the management of regulatory risk compliance for credit cards in the last decade. I am excited to help drive that change for Zeta’s clients. Zeta’s mission to provide next-gen capabilities to banks so they can launch products, programs, and innovations faster are underscored by a technology framework and by design principles that will completely change the processing landscape.”
Zeta Tachyon offers a number of industry-leading capabilities to issuers:
- Highly extensible compliance framework that is pre-configured for managing regulatory compliance across Reg Z, V, E, F, B, SCRA, Card Act, and all other applicable regulations
- Rich API Catalog spanning 400+ APIs to manage every aspect of the credit card program lifecycle; organized across multiple collections and cookbooks for rapid innovation & deployment
- Hyper personalize their credit card programs and tailor them to individual customer segments to maximize engagement, top-of-wallet usage, retention, and profitability
- Out-of-the-box digital experiences such as instant digital issuance, wallet provisioning, card controls, family expense management, integrated BNPL, and more
- Multiple frameworks to extend functionality and integrate seamlessly with issuer and 3rd party systems such as GLs, fraud, servicing, line management, and more
- Natively embeddable banking ready solution with the ability to contextually embed card or banking experiences into Virtual Banking Operators (VBOs) such as fintechs, co-brands, and distribution partners
- Rewards & loyalty engine, Co-operative authorization for real-time authorization delegation, ML & Rules based fraud management platform, Agent Desktop with a unified customer view, 15+ Backoffice admin panels for every conceivable bank user persona: product management, servicing, analytics, risk, infosec, audit, and more
Zeta empowers issuers to launch next-gen card programs with its cloud-native and fully API-enabled stack that includes processing, issuing, lending, core banking, fraud, loyalty, and many other capabilities. Zeta has 1400+ employees with over 70% in technology roles across locations in the US, UK, Middle East, and Asia. Globally, eight issuers and 30 fintechs have issued 15M+ cards on Zeta’s platform. Zeta has raised $280 million from Softbank Vision Fund 2, Mastercard, and other investors at a $1.5 billion valuation. Watch a short 7 minute video showcasing a fraction of the capabilities of Zeta Tachyon’s Credit processing stack here. Visit us at www.zeta.tech or follow us on LinkedIn, Youtube and Twitter.