NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--National CineMedia (NCM®), America’s largest movie network uniting brands with young diverse audiences, today announced the launch of The Noovie Trivia Show in conjunction with the release Top Gun: Maverick. NCM’s latest pre-show experience stars Emmy-winning entertainment host and long-time Noovie® personality Maria Menounos playing pop culture and movie trivia with today’s hottest stars. The inaugural episode of The Noovie Trivia Show is sponsored by Paramount+, including a custom branded movie trivia segment. The episode features Garcelle Beauvais, actress, one of the ladies from The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, and author of the new memoir Love Me As I Am.
First announced during NCM’s Upfront presentation this April, The Noovie Trivia Show is one of several new offerings within the more modernized and culturally relevant Noovie pre-show experience, which airs before the trailers and feature film in movie theaters across the country. The Noovie Trivia Show tests moviegoers' knowledge of films, filmmakers, actors and the people influencing pop culture, with celebrities and influencers quizzed by Menounos in a long-form episode at the top of the pre-show. Menounos later puts each talent in the ‘hot seat’ in a complementary :30 video with rapid fire questions about their projects and careers.
Marrying movie and pop culture trivia with an uber-engaged audience, The Noovie Trivia Show offers brands a unique opportunity to forge stronger connections with the moviegoing audience, made up of the coveted 18–34-year-old demographic. A partnership with the show includes brand sponsorship of the editorial episodes and a fully customized content segment that integrates movie trivia and brand values. All branded content is produced by Noovie Studios, NCM’s in-house creative studio. NCM also partnered with Pearpop, the leading creator collaboration platform, to feature prominent social media creators, creating a bridge between the young and diverse stars of social platforms and the world of cinema and entertainment.
Brands can also integrate into NCM’s exclusive Noovie Trivia app, which engages users for more than 10 minutes per session on average. This June, the app will roll out a new feature called “Weekly Prize Contest,” where each week the top 25 players of the game can turn their virtual “popcorn” points into vouchers for real movie tickets. This is the first-time top users of Noovie Trivia can win prizes based on their score, driving competition and community among the players.
Over 600 million moviegoers are reached annually through the NCM network of over 1,600 theaters with over 20,600 screens through the US. Nearly one out of every two adults who visited a movie theater in the fourth quarter of 2021 and the first quarter of 2022 were 18-34-year-olds, and 79% of moviegoers attending an NCM theater are under the age of 39.
“We are so excited for audiences to experience and enjoy The Noovie Trivia Show. The combination of movie trivia, today’s hottest celebrities and influencers, and our pre-show host Maria Menounos offers marketers an exciting way to connect with our young and growing moviegoing audience,” said Amy Tunick, NCM’s chief marketing officer. “Innovative brands like Paramount+ see the value of leveraging pop culture in branded content to reach this audience in a highly engaging and immersive setting.”
In addition to Garcelle Beauvais, Menounos’ future guests for The Noovie Trivia Show include:
- CFDA designer Christian Siriano launched his eponymous collection in 2008 following his studies in London under Vivienne Westwood and Alexander McQueen. Known for whimsical and show-stopping design, Siriano’s collection has been worn by current FLOTUS Dr. Jill Biden, former FLOTUS Michelle Obama, Angelina Jolie, Oprah, Zendaya, Ariana Grande, Lady Gaga, Tiffany Haddish, Billy Porter, and Cardi B to name but a few. Siriano was named among Time’s 100 Most Influential People for his leading contributions on body diversity on the runway and red carpet, and recently returned to Bravo’s Project Runway in the role of mentor. His new Gloria Vanderbilt denim collection will be available in Macy’s and other retailers in September.
- Actress Abby Ryder Fortson who stars in the iconic role of Margaret in the film adaptation of the beloved Judy Blume book, Are You There God? It's Me, Margaret. The film also features Rachel McAdams and Kathy Bates and will be released by Lionsgate in theaters September 16th.
- Popular TikTok creator and “Your Movie Guy” JuJu Green (aka Straw Hat Goofy). Originally from Compton, CA with over 3 million followers and 300 million likes built in just under two short years. Most recently he hosted TikTok's official red carpet for both the premiere of Spider-Man: No Way Home and the 2022 Oscars®
- Top Hispanic LGBTQ+ creator, Avery Cyrus, who has built an expansive digital empire. The 21-year-old digital creator and entrepreneur has amassed over 7-Million Followers on TikTok, and spreads positivity while highlighting LGBTQ causes and creators.
- Creator and entrepreneur, Griffin Johnson. Griffin has over 20M followers across his socials, a hit song “Convenient” (streamed over 25M times), and hosts the podcast Brand Aid with Forbes Contributor Tom Ward. He recently starred in and produced CreatorPlus’ film Diamond in the Rough.
National CineMedia (NCM) is America’s Movie Network. As the largest cinema advertising network in the U.S., NCM unites brands with young diverse audiences through the power of movies and popular culture. NCM’s Noovie® pre-show is presented exclusively in 50 leading national and regional theater circuits including AMC Entertainment Inc. (NYSE: AMC), Cinemark Holdings, Inc. (NYSE: CNK) and Regal Entertainment Group (a subsidiary of Cineworld Group PLC. LON: CINE). NCM’s cinema advertising network offers broad reach and unparalleled audience engagement with over 20,600 screens in over 1,600 theaters in 195 Designated Market Areas® (all of the top 50). NCM Digital and Digital Out-of-Home (DOOH) goes beyond the big screen, extending in-theater campaigns into online, mobile, and place-based marketing programs to reach entertainment audiences. National CineMedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: NCMI) owns a 47.4% interest in, and is the managing member of, National CineMedia, LLC. For more information, visit www.ncm.com and www.noovie.com.
Forward Looking Statements
This press release contains various forward-looking statements, within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, that reflect management’s current expectations or beliefs regarding, among other things, expected timing and consumer and advertiser spending plans, preferences, and behavior. Forward-looking statements are subject to a number of important factors, risks, uncertainties and assumptions that could cause actual results to differ materially from those described in any forward-looking statements. Please refer to the Company’s Securities and Exchange Commission filings, including the “Risk Factor” section of the Company’s Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 30, 2021, for further information about risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially. Investors are cautioned that reliance on these forward-looking statements involves risks and uncertainties. The Company undertakes no obligation to update any forward-looking statement, whether as a result, of new information, future events or otherwise, except as required by law.