BOSTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Advisor Circle, a product and content studio for the financial services industry, continues its celebration of Future Proof Festival’s Changing Faces of Wealth initiative by unveiling its next set of dynamic speakers committed to leveling the playing field and forcing change in the financial services industry.
Leading the way toward greater representation and equity in the wealth management industry and empowering underserved communities to take control of their financial lives, the speakers below will come together at Future Proof on September 11-14, 2022, in Huntington Beach, CA, to engage in conversations that will aim to fundamentally reshape the future of finance:
- Rashad Bilal: Financial advisor and co-host of the popular business and finance podcast, Earn Your Leisure, Bilal is passionate about financial literacy and translates knowledge into action with an online educational platform, Earn Your Leisure University.
- Rianka R. Dorsainvil, CFP®: Co-Founder and co-CEO of 2050 Wealth Partners, Dorsainvil has dedicated her career to serving first-generation wealth-builders and entrepreneurs. She also hosts the 2050 TrailBlazers podcast, addressing the diversity gap in financial planning.
- Ian Dunlap: Teaming up with the Earn Your Leisure podcast, Dunlap, an investing and stock analysis expert, hosts the Market Monday podcast. He is also the founder of Red Panda Academy, focused on educating investors who are new to trading.
- Sandra Gabriel: Founder and chief relationship officer at communications agency Gabriel PR. Gabriel lives at the intersection of PR, communications and branding. As a branded lifestyle designer, she is also the editor-in-chief of FBI STYLE.
- Trevor McFedries: As CEO at Dapper Collectives, McFedries is bringing decentralized organizations (DAOs) to mainstream culture, as he did with Friends With Benefits. He is also the co-founder and CEO of technology startup, Brud, and the creator of virtual pop star, Lil Miquela.
- Troy Millings: A lifelong friend of Bilal, the two of them host the Earn Your Leisure podcast and run its educational platform that introduces students to financial literacy through culturally responsive education while also providing career training and business mentorship.
- Rachel Robasciotti: At age 25, Robasciotti founded her own firm, Robasciotti & Philipson. Since then, she launched the firm’s social justice investing strategy, Adasina Social Capital. Robasciotti also co-created the Due Diligence 2.0 Commitment, an effort to increase the flow of capital to Black, Indigenous, and other asset managers of color.
“Organizations need to focus on both the business and human cases for inclusion and that’s why I’m so excited about Future Proof this year,” said Annie Jean-Baptiste, Author of “Building for Everyone” and Founder of Equity Army, a previously announced speaker at Future Proof. “Whether it is the sessions focused on technology, culture, finance, or business, I’m excited to learn from all of the esteemed speakers and attendees at this innovative event.”
The influential minds above will join Dasarte Yarnway, and Emlen Miles-Mattingly, who were introduced as Future Proof speakers as part of the #RiseTogether campaign announced earlier this month. The campaign runs through Thursday, March 31st, alongside Black History Month and Women’s History Month. During this time, any attendee who registers for the 2022 Future Proof Festival will have the ability to offer an underrepresented financial advisor or institutional investor a complimentary ticket to the event.
“It's true that, as an industry, we have not done a good job at fostering diversity. Which is why the demography of our business looks nothing like the demography of America,” said Josh Brown, CEO of Ritholtz Wealth Management and co-creator of the Future Proof Festival. “But it is also true that there is a massive wave of talented people of color blazing new trails in the financial advisory space. I’m hoping our event can blow the lid off of this phenomenon and help usher in a more inclusive future.”
Each paying attendee to Future Proof 2022 who offers an underrepresented industry colleague a pass will be entered into a raffle to win a complimentary, three-night stay at Hyatt Huntington Beach during the event.
“We believe that our ability to innovate, as an industry, relies on varying perspectives and thoughts to challenge the status quo,” said Matt Middleton, CEO of Advisor Circle. “By cultivating an inclusive event environment, we create opportunities that empower our financial services and wealth management audience to collaborate, develop and inspire positive change together as a community.”
For more information about this year’s inaugural Future Proof Festival and how to get involved with the event that is bringing together the world’s most prominent figures and emerging minds to explore the intersection of money, tech, culture and impact, please visit futureproof.advisorcircle.com.
Advisor Circle is a product and content studio for the financial industry, designing live events, podcasts, online communities and other connection points for financial professionals looking to learn, grow and adapt to change. The firm was founded in 2020 by Matt Middleton, John Swolfs and Matt Hougan, who have successful track records of driving some of the most meaningful, well-attended events for the financial advice and ETF industries over the last decade. Follow Advisor Circle on Twitter and LinkedIn.
Future Proof is a groundbreaking new wealth festival set to bring together the world’s most prominent figures and emerging minds to explore the intersection of money, tech, culture and impact. The event brings together an entirely new community of financial advisors, institutional investors, asset managers, fintech startups, financial creators, activists, artists, musicians and other key stakeholders around an unprecedented experience and agenda. Future Proof will provide an unmatched opportunity for conversation and collaboration that will serve as a catalyst in developing the future of wealth.
The four-day citywide event will be held September 11-14, 2022, in Huntington Beach, California. More than 3,000 attendees including 1,500+ financial advisors and institutional investors, as well as over 150 sponsor companies are expected at the inaugural event.